• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    So I took my 10 year old daughter (we adopted her in May) to middle school orientation Friday. Here in Floyd County middle school is fifth through eighth grades. So when I am there to pick her up I see what I thought was an optical illusion. I see this girl I am figuring she is 13-14 years old walking at me. She is wearing a black top that is cut wide at the top and dives way down. There wasn't much left to the imagination. I was stunned. Stunned that someone would allow a child this age to even own such a piece of clothing, and then stunned they would allow them to wear it out in public. I figure that my daughter won't be around her due to the age difference and calm down. As I am pulling out of the parking lot there is the girl standing there and my daughter tells her goodbye. I am surprised and ask if she knows her. My daughter replies "Yea, she is in my class." I was not happy. So I guess battling the bad influences of other kids is going to get real this year. :xmad:

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Welcome to parenthood. The lack of concern of many parents is disconcerting at a minimum.
    You haven't seen anything yet. Wait until you figure out what the schools seem proper and what they don't.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    teach her right and choose your battles. it's not an easy road and you're just starting.

I am with you though, if there was to much skin showing around the belly/ass/cleavage, the clothes got changed. I have 2 beautiful adult girls now.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    This is only the start of how other peoples' parenting (and their kids' reaction to that parenting) will be influencing your child from here on out. Not much you can do about how other people raise their kids. Do the best you can raising yours to be the example other kids might want to follow.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This is only the start of how other peoples' parenting (and their kids' reaction to that parenting) will be influencing your child from here on out. Not much you can do about how other people raise their kids. Do the best you can raising yours to be the example other kids might want to follow.

Bingo.

My wife was the dress code/bag inspector NAZI when my kids were coming up. She could spot an infraction way before me.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Parents don't want to be parents these days. They don't want to hurt poor princess'es feelings, so they never say "NO". Let princess wear whatever she wants, just so princess will like them. I see it all the time, and now that both of my girls are in High School, it keeps getting worse.

Your daughter will have plenty of friends in her life. BE THE PARENT. She will respect/appreciate it one day, and you will have a lot less grief to deal with.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I've made my daughter change many times already. She won't be a slut or look like one either. I'll hold her hand and take.her to school every day and if I have to put on daisy dukes myself to embarrass her I will. No bull ****. I'm not playing any games when it comes to my kids. I have one mission in life now and that's my family.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

Bingo.

My wife was the dress code/bag inspector NAZI when my kids were coming up. She could spot an infraction way before me.

Agreed on both counts. My wife is/was the same way on staying on top of the clothing and what they post on social media, etc. If you let them grow up too fast, they continue to seek out the next thing and the next thing that are all behaviors way beyond their age and it becomes a downhill battle.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    jared-fogle.jpg

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    teach her right and choose your battles. it's not an easy road and you're just starting.

I am with you though, if there was to much skin showing around the belly/ass/cleavage, the clothes got changed. I have 2 beautiful adult girls now.

Yep. Use these girls as a learning experience/example of what NOT to do. Dont judge, but show that its not appropriate for that age.

Mine is almost 8. Thank God we are able to homeschool.

Better NOT, let her wear an AMERICAN flag, T shirt,

She will probably be sent home .....

QFT

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Home schoolers never have this problem.

They're still in the culture or the culture is all around them. I do vision screenings for the Lions Club. We do schools, pre-schools, etc. and home schoolers. My experience has been that the home schooled kids are...more squared away than many of those in public schools. The difference is amazing. But even home schooled kids have friends that attend public schools so they're not completely immune.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Parents don't want to be parents these days. They don't want to hurt poor princess'es feelings, so they never say "NO". Let princess wear whatever she wants, just so princess will like them. I see it all the time, and now that both of my girls are in High School, it keeps getting worse.

Your daughter will have plenty of friends in her life. BE THE PARENT. She will respect/appreciate it one day, and you will have a lot less grief to deal with.
    This^^^^
    i have two adult daughters. They have both thanked us for being strict when they were young. I never thought I'd hear that!!!

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    So I took my 10 year old daughter (we adopted her in May) to middle school orientation Friday. Here in Floyd County middle school is fifth through eighth grades. So when I am there to pick her up I see what I thought was an optical illusion. I see this girl I am figuring she is 13-14 years old walking at me. She is wearing a black top that is cut wide at the top and dives way down. There wasn't much left to the imagination. I was stunned. Stunned that someone would allow a child this age to even own such a piece of clothing, and then stunned they would allow them to wear it out in public. I figure that my daughter won't be around her due to the age difference and calm down. As I am pulling out of the parking lot there is the girl standing there and my daughter tells her goodbye. I am surprised and ask if she knows her. My daughter replies "Yea, she is in my class." I was not happy. So I guess battling the bad influences of other kids is going to get real this year. :xmad:
    And good for you, adopting an older child! I hope it goes well for all of you!

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    You're going to have to post pictures of the mothers so we know who to blame.

Yeah. That's the reason.

Probably a good idea to stick with the mothers photos. Many dysfunctional and single parent homes don't have photos of the dads. Oh wait... I'm a single full time dad.
    I'm a trip. My son does what he's supposed to do, goes to school in clean "School clothes" every day.
    Yea, I was tough on him when he was younger. He's 16 now and I have ZERO problems. WE set boundaries and they weren't to be broken.
    I have more problems with the parents than I do the kids.
    Start the kids right, stay to the rules, no yelling and false threats, and you'll have good kids for the most part.
    I home schooled for 2 years. The social interaction was lacking and needed. We deal with issues and liberals as problems come up.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    They're still in the culture or the culture is all around them. I do vision screenings for the Lions Club. We do schools, pre-schools, etc. and home schoolers. My experience has been that the home schooled kids are...more squared away than many of those in public schools. The difference is amazing. But even home schooled kids have friends that attend public schools so they're not completely immune.

I wonder what the difference would be if you culled the public school down to the group who have parents as committed to them and their success as the home school parents are.

Top Bottom