• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I meant in outcome for the kid in comparison.

Essentially, home schooled kids do better than public school kids as a group. What do home school kids look like when compared to the subset of public school kids who have parents who are equally dedicated and involved with them. That's what Hough and I were discussing, how much influence does school have vs parent and home environment.

The home enviro. is all important. Parental involvement is the key.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I meant in outcome for the kid in comparison.

Essentially, home schooled kids do better than public school kids as a group. What do home school kids look like when compared to the subset of public school kids who have parents who are equally dedicated and involved with them. That's what Hough and I were discussing, how much influence does school have vs parent and home environment.

Seems to me that question's already been answered. But just a few thoughts: Assuming you're the kind of parent whose kid is excelling in a home school environment, likely no one is going to care about your kids' education more than you. There are many excellent teachers out there but institutions are institutional. Even if you took out all the kids whose parents are absent, don't care, and kids who just have no interest, your kids will probably still be likely taught by teachers with 20-30 kids per class room...in other words they'd still be in an institutional setting, being taught at the speed of the least common denominator.

Top Bottom