• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Guys, I messed it up good this time...Monday my brother in law and installed drywall...no pain. Tuesday, installed new lightweight bedroom door, no pain until an hour or two afterwards.

I'm currently on day 3(or 2.5 actually) of pain...just about every moment hurts, and doesn't seem to be letting off soon.

What do you guys use for some pain relief?

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    In cider is always good.

My backs been the same the last couple of weeks. Got an appointment tomorrow for it, think I have a pinched nerve. Pain shooting down to my elbow. Ibuprofen and a hot bath with stretches helps ease the pain. Don’t lay around, I thought that’d help but made it worse.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Rum & coke....jkjk what Doc said, 2 Aleve has given some relief for my back pain. Likewise, waiting until Tuesday to have the doc interpret the x-ray results for me and find out treatment options.

What's this soaking in Cider all about Doc?

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Rum & coke....jkjk what Doc said, 2 Aleve has given some relief for my back pain. Likewise, waiting until Tuesday to have the doc interpret the x-ray results for me and find out treatment options.

What's this soaking in Cider all about Doc?

Everything is better when you soak it in cider. Say it slow, and think about it.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    That stuff available over the counter? If not, is it expensive?

...I have no insurance...

Naproxen is a prescription unless it’s changed. Doc would know for sure, but dad used to be prescribed naproxen and he said they helped his back a lot. I think it’s a skeletal relaxer or something like that?

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    220mg is OTC dose. 500/550 is prescription. I take two OTC for aches and pains. Only thing I liked better was Orudis KT. Not sure why that left the market.

as was said, naproxen is Aleve. Twice a day dosing which is Better than three times a day with ibuprofen

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    220mg is OTC dose. 500/550 is prescription. I take two OTC for aches and pains. Only thing I liked better was Orudis KT. Not sure why that left the market.

as was said, naproxen is Aleve. Twice a day dosing which is Better than three times a day with ibuprofen

I went in search of that stuff and damn if it isn't like trying to grasp warm jello. Mylan quit making it when the patent expired. Teva was making the generic but quit last June. Heritage Pharma (yes the infamous company) says they make 25mg tabs...as of 2 days ago if I read the FDA site correctly. It's not to be found anywhere. So I 'think' it will be available again sometime soon, they just need to ramp up production and distro.

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Not much to add but I feel for you. Back pain is the worst. Once healed start doing back exercises. They work.

Thanks, I'll look into them....

Pain started going down my right leg last night whenever I walk around...this is NOT cool! I'm suppose to work all weekend!

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Pain started going down my right leg last night whenever I walk around...this is NOT cool! I'm suppose to work all weekend!

Oh snap. I hope you don’t have a disc problem like I recently developed.

sht4brnz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    N.IndNpls
    Hang from a pull up bar, decompress. If you know of an inversion bed even better. Your muscles will be tight and may not relax for a week or so. A bench press style bench to lay on will also help stretch you out. Icy hot, cold hot treatment with ice and A heating pad. A good chiropractor can help but your muscles need to relax. Best of luck.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis

I ben dealing with low back pain with pain going down the back of my right leg since Nov 30th. Everything had been fine, just woke up in pain and been dealing with it since. For me most of the pain goes away after I am up moving around for a while. My Dr informed me that often a back strain can take 4-6 weeks before the inflammation goes away.
    Good luck

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I have pretty good luck with heat (heating pad). Many recommend alternating icing and heat but that never works for me. Heat relaxes clenched muscles and promotes blood flow, and that enhances healing

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Pain down a leg is indicative of a pinched nerve or sciatica.. I knotted my back up on Tuesday. Ibuprofen and cold packs the first 2 days. Drove to KC, MO Wednesday and got back today. Filled a small trench 20' long after pulling wire through the conduit in it this afternoon. Movement is better than sitting. Hot bath if you have time after that first couple of days seems to help.
    Good luck!

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    My God, my back hurts... except it's clearly in my his this morning. Almost couldn't get up to go take a ****...now I can't go back to sleep.

Top Bottom