Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

User Info Menu

Wow. You seem angry.

Go back and read my post. read the post I quoted.

We have moved from a specific case to general criminal justice. It's pretty obvious...but whatever.

Sure, people need to be jailed when they commit crimes deserving of jail, but the idea that longer jail sentences for everything will solve the issue of violence across Indiana? No. No it will not.
    ​Bullies suck. They also make you stronger.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HoughMade View Post
    Sure, people need to be jailed when they commit crimes deserving of jail, but the idea that longer jail sentences for everything will solve the issue of violence across Indiana? No. No it will not.
    But it will cut down on those repeat offenders...
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinNFluff View Post
    At a family gathering, my sister was getting ready to leave. She walked up and gave me a hug and said "Your phone is poking me." I smiled and replied simply with "That's not my phone".
    Quote Originally Posted by Leggdpms View Post
    ...he said alright sir and shaked my hard and said he has respect...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow8088 View Post
    I cocked my head to the side a little and was admiring his piece.
    Quote Originally Posted by JettaKnight View Post
    And seriously, where are those testicles being served? I want to just shove a handful into my mouth.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by printcraft View Post

​BINGO!
    Teach a kid something wholesome today..... and teach an adult gun safety this week.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mgderf View Post
    What ever happened to the "Three Strikes" law?
    Life imprisonment? Struck down as unconstitutional.

A Habitual Offender sentencing enhancement statute still exists in different different versions.

Tippecanoe County Prosecuting Attorney does not always use. He fired a bunch of deputies over this 2 weeks ago (if you heard about the purge at the office).

See what happens.
    Kirk Freeman, INGO's Dennis Miller of gun culture references

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by printcraft View Post
    About cutting down repeat offenders...

browning-m2-heavy-machine-gun_21.jpg
    Government and pedophiles both practice buggering those powerless to defend themselves.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IndyDave1776 View Post
    About cutting down repeat offenders...

browning-m2-heavy-machine-gun_21.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by SkinNFluff View Post
    At a family gathering, my sister was getting ready to leave. She walked up and gave me a hug and said "Your phone is poking me." I smiled and replied simply with "That's not my phone".
    Quote Originally Posted by Leggdpms View Post
    ...he said alright sir and shaked my hard and said he has respect...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow8088 View Post
    I cocked my head to the side a little and was admiring his piece.
    Quote Originally Posted by JettaKnight View Post
    And seriously, where are those testicles being served? I want to just shove a handful into my mouth.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GREEN607 View Post
    As far as "convictions and sentencing".... what we need from sea to shining sea in this country, is, judges with some balls, that will say "NO!" to the prevalent easy-off plea deals made by many of the prosecuting attorneys.... and start sending a bunch of these scum bags up the river for years and years.

We also need to pass laws that totally eliminate the possibility of 'concurrent' sentences. They commit multiple felonies, then they get sentenced CONSECUTIVELY for them.
    I've NEVER understood concurrent sentences.
    WTH.
    Una salus victis nullam sperare salute.
    The only hope for the doomed, is no hope at all
    Virgil

I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast;
    for I intend to go in harm's way.
    John Paul Jones

A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs.
    Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

If you're a noob, develop thick skin, and read the FAQs

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by actaeon277 View Post
    WTH.
    I see a productive purpose in having concurrent sentences under certain narrow circumstances. I feel that a judge should have that option in the event a jury convicts someone who was tried on the same offense rephrased 16 different ways or else charged separately with each aspect of what was essentially the same criminal act. I do NOT consider it appropriate for separate incidents.
    Government and pedophiles both practice buggering those powerless to defend themselves.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by actaeon277 View Post
    WTH.
    Let's say e.g. Otis picks up 30 PI arrests in an active month (a stretch, but possible). Assuming the prosecutor can't resist charging each and every one and refuses to do a wrap-up deal, do we really need him to be on probation for 30 years? (assuming 365 days of probation per)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cobber View Post
    Let's say e.g. Otis picks up 30 PI arrests in an active month (a stretch, but possible). Assuming the prosecutor can't resist charging each and every one and refuses to do a wrap-up deal, do we really need him to be on probation for 30 years? (assuming 365 days of probation per)
    My particular beef with concurrent sentences, is in a situation/case where two or more separate felonies are committed by one or more individuals on one or more occasions.

For example, if a suspect rapes a girl; then 3 days later, rapes another girl; then 2 days later, rapes a third girl and kills her...... I feel, once he's convicted of those crimes, he should serve consecutive terms on at least four ​crimes. Example: 10 years for each rape (total 30 years)... and 15-40 years for murder.... keeping him in prison for at least 35-45 years.

Teach a kid something wholesome today..... and teach an adult gun safety this week.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast