• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    County sheriff would be a hard job if I had my way.
    Wouldn't have much need for a prosecutor.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    I read about this and didn't know there was a thread here about it.
    I'm saddened by your loss and you have my deepest condolences.
    Very, very difficult to lose a longtime friend.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    WLFI.com is reporting that it looks like the "person of interest" in the Ron Whiles homicide will survive the self-inflicted gunshot to the head.
    Maybe we'll get lucky and he'll **** someone off in prison.

He is well known to the Lafayette police, and WLFI reported that he had 25 felony charges against him since 1996, including drug charges, domestic battery...also known to carry a firearm despite being a felon.
    Evidently he got off of most of the charges.
    What ever happened to the "Three Strikes" law?

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Apparently our jails and prisons are too nice, as it seems that so many are willing to take their chances on going back.
    Either that, or the chances are so slim that you get convicted and sentenced are so low that it doesn’t matter.

Sorry for the loss of your friend Mgderf.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    The three strikes law needs to be three strikes and it's a one way trip through the felon zapper. No more 'chances' to victimize law abiding citizens.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    WLFI.com is reporting that it looks like the "person of interest" in the Ron Whiles homicide will survive the self-inflicted gunshot to the head.
    Maybe we'll get lucky and he'll **** someone off in prison.

He is well known to the Lafayette police, and WLFI reported that he had 25 felony charges against him since 1996, including drug charges, domestic battery...also known to carry a firearm despite being a felon.
    Evidently he got off of most of the charges.
    What ever happened to the "Three Strikes" law?

HITF can you have that many Felony's and be walking around free. This has gotten well north of out of hand.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Apparently our jails and prisons are too nice, as it seems that so many are willing to take their chances on going back.
    Either that, or the chances are so slim that you get convicted and sentenced are so low that it doesn’t matter.

Sorry for the loss of your friend Mgderf.

As far as "convictions and sentencing".... what we need from sea to shining sea in this country, is, judges with some balls, that will say "NO!" to the prevalent easy-off plea deals made by many of the prosecuting attorneys.... and start sending a bunch of these scum bags up the river for years and years.

We also need to pass laws that totally eliminate the possibility of 'concurrent' sentences. They commit multiple felonies, then they get sentenced CONSECUTIVELY for them.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    We also need to pass laws that totally eliminate the possibility of 'concurrent' sentences. They commit multiple felonies, then they get sentenced CONSECUTIVELY for them.

Yep, might as well only charge them with one because that’s all they are serving time on.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    SADLY, it's NOT ONLY the City of Lafayette. CRIME, including MURDER, Home INVASIONS have made it to the Heartland and PCness Rankles Me when the POLICE are DISCOURAGED from Enforcement by Mayors, City County Councils and Cheesey Do Nothing Chiefs of Police. Buford Pusser, Where are YOU Now? :rolleyes:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    SADLY, it's NOT ONLY the City of Lafayette. CRIME, including MURDER, Home INVASIONS have made it to the Heartland and PCness Rankles Me when the POLICE are DISCOURAGED from Enforcement by Mayors, City County Councils and Cheesey Do Nothing Chiefs of Police. Buford Pusser, Where are YOU Now? :rolleyes:

This all goes back to parents raising crap kids.

More accurately, parent kinda being around while the kids get older.

Locking up more people sure, when it's important to do so, but jail isn't the answer.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    This all goes back to parents raising crap kids.

More accurately, parent kinda being around while the kids get older.

Locking up more people sure, when it's important to do so, but jail isn't the answer.

The original post was about a members' friend who was shot and killed and his associate who was stabbed multiple times. You don't think jail is the answer??? What thread are you ​reading, my friend?

Oh, I know.....let's just put an ankle bracelet on them, give them house arrest and 6 months probation. That'll teach'em.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    The original post was about a members' friend who was shot and killed and his associate who was stabbed multiple times. You don't think jail is the answer??? What thread are you ​reading, my friend?

Oh, I know.....let's just put an ankle bracelet on them, give them house arrest and 6 months probation. That'll teach'em.

img-referee-flag.jpg

That's 15 yards for getting angry about the subject of the OP when the OP subject hasn't been the specific topic for many, many posts.

Top Bottom