Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MCgrease08 View Post
    ^^^ Looks like a long DNA string. ^^^
    HELP!!!! It won't let me edit!!!! MODS!!!!! Please delete!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by patience0830 View Post
    Thread killing historian.

Plinker

User Info Menu

It use to be free to access, check out Ohio River Valley Family Ancestry. I have a copy on CD.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by indiucky View Post
    I did mine...Heard we had native in us my whole life...I did my DNA...100 percent British Isles...Not a bit of Native blood.......
    I had my DNA tested and it didn't show any Indian blood either. But, we have papers on one of my ancestors (GGGGgrandpa that was a card carrying member of the Cherokee nation). So... take that for what it is worth.

User Info Menu

This is my GGGG grandpa. That is as far back in my last name's line that we have gotten:
    Died 'of the fever' on way home from Norfolk, VA. Served 6 months in 4th Regiment, 18th Infantry, of VA Militia 2/13/1813 to 9/12/1813 and discharged 9/12/1814. In War of 1812. Cole, John 1813 18th Inf. Capt. Thomas J. Robeson's Co.
    He was a member of a group from Russell County Virginia.

His grandson, my GG grandpa then served in the 14th Kentucky Volunteer Regiment (Union).

My Dad-
    Oscar entered the Army in 1942 at South Bend, Indiana. He served in the 175th Armored Battalion in the Pacific Theater. He received the Pacific Theatre Campaign Service Ribbon, the Purple Heart and the combat Infantry Badge. He held the rank of Technician Grade 4 at the time of his discharge in 1945 at Camp Atterbury, Indiana. He got busted back in rank (2 notches I think he told me) right before discharge when apparently he had a disagreement with a new officer that came in after the war was over.
    Last edited by Expat; 07-16-2019 at 15:57.

User Info Menu

Just because you're at the center of the Universe doesn't mean you're in it.

User Info Menu

Yep, somebody's family having been here since before the Vikings and Spaniards doesn't mean their DNA is east Asian.

User Info Menu

My wife has been working on my family tree for awhile.
    She's got us back before the Rev. War. We both did the DNA thing a few years ago, my family came from England, Ireland and Scotland. With a little bit of SW native American blood thrown in.
    Lots of family still in the New Jersey area.
    I know GG grandpa Kelly was in the calvary out west after the war.
    The worked they're way from Jersey to Ohio and finally northern Indiana.
    In Ohio most of them were lawyers and judges. The RR stole some land from us we have a big article from the Cincinnati paper.
    Lots of family in the Lafayette and Battle Ground area
    "Courage is Being Scared to Death, but Saddling up Anyway" - John Wayne

User Info Menu

My Great Grandfather emegrated to the US in 1899 from Switzerland. I haven't been able to find his parents via Ancestry.com yet. His wife's grandparents came from Ireland a few years prior to the Civil War.

On my mother's side, her Great Grandfather emigrated to the US in the late 1800s from Belgium. My mother's mother's grandparents all emigrated from Germany in the late 1800s.

So it seems most of my family got here rather recently, nothing older than 170 years ago.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Looked up my family tree once,all I seen were nuts and fruits. I quit looking after that.

Expert

User Info Menu

I am in a well documented family, several books on it. We have been here since 1738.

On my mom's side my G x18 grandfather was King Edward I of England, the guy who killed William Wallace.

My G G grandfather's brother was married to Julia Lincoln, Abraham's first cousin. Her son was killed fighting for the Union in Tennessee. The cemetery there has him listed as her husband but they have that wrong.

I have a general in the Union army, several surgeons and numerous grunts from the Civil war. Nothing on the confederate side tho.

One of my other G G grandfathers was badly wounded and hospitalized in Tenn and later shipped home. He died a few years later. I am in possession of all the papers where my G G grandmother had to apply to the government for benefits. All the records were kept by churches back then. It makes an interesting read on how it gets done.

One ancestor was a teen back during the Revolution. He signed up to fight and did, later he deserted, re-enlisted and deserted a second time. You can't make this stuff up.

Mohawk blood from Crawford county in my family. We are a scalp take'n tribe...
    I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast