Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

User Info Menu

Love that porch!
    ​Bullies suck. They also make you stronger.

User Info Menu

Some of my projects.

In 2016, I did this treehouse.

Attachment 79370
    20160702_164250.jpg
    20160704_112641.jpg
    20160725_074247.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ATOMonkey; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:48.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HoughMade View Post
    Love that porch!
    Thanks. It's freakin HUGE.

We originally planned for the full 30' width of the house and 7 feet deep. When it was decided that I'd build it, the wife asked to make it 10' deep. Her thought was that the porch swing she bought was 5' wide. At 10', that leaves 2-1/2' on either side of it. Seemed reasonable at the time. But then I started planning for the roof. Those second story windows were not getting moved, so it made the roof have to be much flatter than I'd have liked. It's a 3/12 pitch, and it's just a porch, so it'll be OK. I just think it'd look better with a little more pitch.
    Necessity is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

User Info Menu

This is my son's room.

User Info Menu

I own a table saw!

But no artistry, vision or talent! I follow instructions pretty well but beyond that I do wing it pretty well; it drives the wife crazy!!
    Yes I am for gun control!! A firm grip, steady aim, and a gentle squeeze!!

What comes after your first "infraction"? Double Secret Probation perhaps???

User Info Menu

Headboard made from old Yellow Pine tongue & groove flooring that I'd pulled up years ago out of an old house. I wanted to keep the character of the flooring, so I didn't plane it, just worked at it with alcohol and steel wool to take off the old finish, then put on several coats of tung oil when I was finished.

Now I'm working on two matching bed-side tables. 70 year-old Yellow Pine is really hard to work with. The boards aren't all the same thickness, from the way the floor had been sanded over the years, and the wood is alternating layers of softer wood and rock-hard wood. Haven't had room in my garage for a car in 15 years.
    No matter how cynical you become, it's never enough to keep up.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoxaJunk View Post
    Headboard made from old Yellow Pine tongue & groove flooring that I'd pulled up years ago out of an old house. I wanted to keep the character of the flooring, so I didn't plane it, just worked at it with alcohol and steel wool to take off the old finish, then put on several coats of tung oil when I was finished.

Now I'm working on two matching bed-side tables. 70 year-old Yellow Pine is really hard to work with. The boards aren't all the same thickness, from the way the floor had been sanded over the years, and the wood is alternating layers of softer wood and rock-hard wood. Haven't had room in my garage for a car in 15 years.
    That is very interesting! I hadn't thought to reclaim flooring for something like that. I do have about 3 boxes of pre-finished oak flooring... hmmmmm....

I wonder if I could make a countertop for a kitchen island out of that.

User Info Menu

Been making stuff in the hobby room re-do...
    counters, work desk, storage shelves, book case.

Gathering the materials for the desk lamp. Made the light fixture. Got the rheostat, the switches, the Mexican chess board and most of the lumber and paint.

User Info Menu

What's this I keep hearing of cars somehow being associated with garages?
    Geeking out on ancestry; 17th great grandson of Geoffrey Chaucer, and a bunch of dukes, knights, princesses, kings and stuff. Of course, once you turn over a rock and one king crawls out, you're pretty much infested with them. And what did I tell you? Charlemagne, Holy Roman Emperor, Charles "The Hammer" Martel, and a truckload of others. This is getting better: "The Bonny Earl O'Moray" was an ancestor, and the origin of the term mondegreen: They slew the Earl O'Moray and Lady Mondegreen

User Info Menu

Many years ago, my first big woodworking project after we bought my grandpa's house was to knock a hole in the wall between the kitchen and breezeway and build in a large pantry. These doors about killed me...

Necessity is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast