Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18

Thread: Breaking: Massive explosion in Beirut, Lebanon

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jsx1043 View Post
    Wow, this is a clean video of the blast, in 4K. Time slowdowns in the later part of the video.

https://www.newsflare.com/video/3718...Fo&jwsource=cl
    1st time I have seen the blast radius destruction.
    If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn’t

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

Crazy watching all the debris blow off the buildings in the foreground, and destruction if the rear windows, balconies, fire escapes, etc.

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Dangerous Chemical Containers Still Leaking At Destroyed Beirut Port; Initial Cause Of Fire Revealed

More has been learned and confirmed about what precisely started the deadly fire which detonated the highly explosive and volatile ammonium nitrate, commonly used in fertilizer and professional explosives.

Lebanese media as well as Reuters has widely reported the fire started after welding work was done in the very warehouse containing the volatile chemical compound.

It appears the welding crew had no idea that both ammonium nitrate and (astoundingly) a cache of fireworks were being stored on site.
    Censorship is to society what cancer is to the body.

Master

User Info Menu

"There are many problems with this account. For starters, the Georgian ammonium nitrate firm Rustovi Avot, which allegedly exported the ammonium nitrate seven years ago, has only been active in ammonium nitrate for the past three years."

https://www.newsweek.com/lebanon-hez...pinion-1524342

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

What exactly does that change? The AN still came off that same ship 7 years ago and has been sitting in Lebanon every since. There is no dispute there.
    Censorship is to society what cancer is to the body.

User Info Menu

Ok, so this makes more sense as far as detonating the AN, which is not easy to do... a LARGE cache of fireworks stored in the same warehouse in close proximity to the AN detonated all at once initiating the AN. There is a smaller explosion about 30 seconds prior to the big one which one assumes is a portion of the cache of fireworks... then the rest went all at once.
    Love trumping hate involves a lot more assault and arson than I expected.

User Info Menu

I wonder if the explosion had any influence on the finalization of the Israel / United Arab Emirates deal. Looking for some stability in an unstable region.

Other than a couple of off hand references I was surprised I did not see many fingers pointed at Israel for the explosion. Seems like the Lebanese are capable of F'in up their country all by themselves.
    When seconds matter the 2nd Amendment matters.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SkinNFluff View Post
    At a family gathering, my sister was getting ready to leave. She walked up and gave me a hug and said "Your phone is poking me." I smiled and replied simply with "That's not my phone".
    Quote Originally Posted by Leggdpms View Post
    ...he said alright sir and shaked my hard and said he has respect...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow8088 View Post
    I cocked my head to the side a little and was admiring his piece.
    Quote Originally Posted by JettaKnight View Post
    And seriously, where are those testicles being served? I want to just shove a handful into my mouth.

User Info Menu

So cooking oil caught fire... How in the hell does that happen? That's not an easy oil to accidentally ignite. Its not like a stray cigarette is gonna touch it off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cameramonkey View Post
    So cooking oil caught fire... How in the hell does that happen? That's not an easy oil to accidentally ignite. Its not like a stray cigarette is gonna touch it off.
    Lots of folks in the ME cook on open fires...in their apartments; heat that way too.
    Thor himself has spoken, mere mortals must make it so. - bradmedic04

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18