• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    So I tried to figure out exactly where this happened. Google maps with the traffic turned on pretty much pin pointed it.

ZxbwgfX.jpg

And in this one, the "Explosion" tag was not there the first time I looked. It said "Port Silos of Beirut"

HweiIyN.jpg

So it looks like a ship was the cause.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    looks to me like it was the warehouse on top that was burning

rumors of jets and then fire, then kaboom. and rumor of Iran sending arms to hezbollah via this port

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Not at all. They are all about minimal-level violence to provoke a confrontation that they can video and claim victim status.

Lebanon has their own issues that involve far more serious violence.

Dave A

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2010
    Hancock Co.
    An unusual rust colored cloud after the explosion. It doesn't look like a ship was at the center of the explosion but now simple would it be to bring a ship full of explosives or a nuke into a US port. I know there are safe guards in place but still....

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Could very well have been nitrate fertilizer. Remember what happened in Texas City back in IIRC the late 1940's?

One report I saw (and its fair to call the 24 hour rule on this) said that there were nitrates also being stored nearby. Nearby. To a fireworks warehouse.

Another report from the Beeb cited a Lebanese official saying that the warehouse contained "materials" that had been "confiscated" many years ago. I wonder if that supply of "confiscated material" had slowly dwindled over the years, while also being replenished on occasion.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    An unusual rust colored cloud after the explosion. It doesn't look like a ship was at the center of the explosion but now simple would it be to bring a ship full of explosives or a nuke into a US port. I know there are safe guards in place but still....

The really tall building is a series of grain silos, you can see grain being unloaded in some google earth photos. That may account for the cloud color post big bang. Lots of commodities stacked around. Wouldn't be surprised if there was fertilizer, propane, etc.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Completely unrelated.

If a guy was going to watch a silly comedy, would you go with "The Hebrew Hammer" or "You Don't Mess With The Zohan"?

Top Bottom