Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Battle Ready Swords? INGO Experts / Advice?

Have wanted a good sword for as long as I can remember, now 50 and still want one. Looking for advice/opinions of any INGO Sword Peoples (almost said Peeps, but then Chez would post more peep pics and I'd get hungry) on where to buy, what I should look for, etc.

Have read a lot of info here:
    What to Look For in a REAL Battle Ready Sword

One I love is here:
    AC0723 - Iron Tiger Forge Yanmaodao Sword - $539.95

Thank You.
    What chains can hold belongs to man, the rest belongs to God! - Joshua Gianavel

Bought a few at an auction years ago, no idea who made them other than they are repros. They don't bend and hold a sharp edge, used one for cutting briars, and it did a good job.
    Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering Kaboom.

Marvin the Martian

I have several Cold Steel swords, 5 to be exact. They are decent tempered steel for the price. All were purchased on sale at Lynn Thompsons Special Projects website.

They are not acceptable to a purist. They are sharp and will give you a very good idea of what using a sword is like. It is immediately obvious that to be an effective swordsman requires years of training and discipline. A simple cutting stroke is more complicated than it appears.

I am not any type of expert with a sword, just wanted to know what it was like to handle one. It is scary, imagine needing to keep a 3 foot razor under control. Similar to carrying a loaded, cocked handgun with safety off all the time.

Don

[QUOTE=Nazgul;7082399]I have several Cold Steel swords, 5 to be exact. They are decent tempered steel for the price. All were purchased on sale at Lynn Thompsons Special Projects website.

They are not acceptable to a purist. They are sharp and will give you a very good idea of what using a sword is like. It is immediately obvious that to be an effective swordsman requires years of training and discipline. A simple cutting stroke is more complicated than it appears.

I am not any type of expert with a sword, just wanted to know what it was like to handle one. It is scary, imagine needing to keep a 3 foot razor under control. Similar to carrying a loaded, cocked handgun with safety off all the time.

Don[/QUOTE

Have to agree, it's an awful lot of sharp metal.
    Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering Kaboom.

Marvin the Martian

Do not Buy Swords Online Until You Read This! ... this place is really good lots of info
    I make things really sharp

Have you looked at Paul Chen Hanwei?
    Never stop burning tin.

In the "sword" world Albion Swords is probably known as the best company that mass produces swords. These cost a bit but they are true quality and are "Real Swords". They do offer the Squire line of swords which are budget friendly.

https://www.albion-swords.com/

If you are looking for a more budget line Hanwei Swords or Windlass swords offer usable swords. Stay away from what we call "Wall Hangers". These are crap swords that will get you hurt!

Here is a good general sword forum:
    https://myarmoury.com/home.php

BTW.. here is a link to my site, you will probably want to build a shield later :>)

Ye olde Gaffers

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by ViperJock View Post
    Have you looked at Paul Chen Hanwei?
    This, CAS/Hanwei has a very decent array from economical to expensive.

Swamp Rat Rucki, Busse AK-47 or Ruck

And of course, Miller Bros Blades or Horton

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Wherever my wife and the bacon are. Anywhere else is not living, just existing.
    What? No love out there for Bud K?

I keed, I keed!

Thanks for your help in keeping this a great forum!
    Forum Rules#######Classifieds Rules##############?!?! wait...what?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast