Battle Ready Swords? INGO Experts / Advice?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Quoted myself, kind of weird, anyway, cc just got whacked for full amount, should be shipping 7~14 days, per website. Who Hoo!

Yep mine too!

Kinda surprised me I wasn't expecting it so soon. I had just ordered some AK parts and wasn't expecting two hits within a few days of each other. Oh well guess I'll catch up next month. Ha! who am I kidding.

Do you plan on ordering an AZWelke Sheath or have a custom one made locally? I ask for two reasons, (1)Busse knives do not come with sheaths usually, some who are new to Busse may not know this. (2) there are two options on AZWelke's site one is for the custom shop AK47 combat grade the other is for the SR101 battle grade version. Not really sure of the difference other than blade material and grind but would be good to know before purchasing if anyone does why the need for two different sheaths for essentially the same blade.

Last edited:

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Yep mine too!

Kinda surprised me I wasn't expecting it so soon. I had just ordered some AK parts and wasn't expecting two hits within a few days of each other. Oh well guess I'll catch up next month. Ha! who am I kidding.

Do you plan on ordering an AZWelke Sheath or have a custom one made locally? I ask for two reasons, (1)Busse knives do not come with sheaths usually, some who are new to Busse may not know this. (2) there are two options on AZWelke's site one is for the custom shop AK47 combat grade the other is for the SR101 battle grade version. Not really sure of the difference other than blade material and grind but would be good to know before purchasing if anyone does why the need for two different sheaths for essentially the same blade.

Sheath options were my next question, looks like you already answered that! Thank You

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    I have a few live steel swords I have picked up over the years. Not great quality, I think the most expensive one I have bought would be the one that was $275 almost 20 years ago. I picked up a new one this past weekend for $200.

I am tempted to do a bottle cutting video with a few of them.

Last edited:

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I assume you'll spend the weekend gathering a variety of appropriate materials that you can CHOP THE CRAP OUT OF on Monday and the rest the week?

And don't forget the video.

Sadly I have to work all weekend this weekend. But next weekend I am off and I've got 40 acres of trails that need cleared due to the storms last week. Should be a fun chopping test.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    UPS tried delivering yesterday, signature required, looks like I'm going to wait for them today, good thing I'm off work today.

That's strange. You ordered yours a few days after me didn't you? I wonder how your order got shipped out first? No big deal just order of things I guess

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    We both ordered black on black canvas. I'm wondering if it was because I had mine sent to my shop address and not my billing address if it delayed shipping slightly.

Could be? Sitting & waiting on UPS, wish they'd hurry up, have some .300 BLK reload trial for subs, would love to make it out to range.

DanO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    NW IN
    Just a word of caution. Buying a sword doesn't make you a swordsman anymore than owning a violin makes you a violinist. Get some training.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    IDK what the AK47 sword costed you folks but I have a bunch of battle ready swords and they have chopped and cut so I know they won't just break if used to cut off a head or arm. The following cost me $130. It is a Cold Steel 1917 Saber,I also own the cutlass and I have had the cutlass for a very long time. It too has done a lot of cutting and chopping and has not broken nor bent. The saber I got off ebay and the cutlass was bought before the interweb from a catalog. Both are nice blades and I would truly wish to know what the Busse AK47 costs. It is essentially a big knife, more of a messer when you are talking swords. In any case, I understand why you buy these and want to have them, the name is something folks love so it is a good seller.
    3VvKS8G.jpg

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Just a word of caution. Buying a sword doesn't make you a swordsman anymore than owning a violin makes you a violinist. Get some training.

The BUSSE AK47 is more like a large knife/thick machete than it is a sword. Though some will call them one. Historically speaking however they are to thick, to heavy and not balanced properly for fencing/ sword fighting. They are "woods swords" if you will, meant for trees and brush. But yes you are correct sword fighting is like any other martial art. It takes years of training and practice to be proficient enough to wield a live blade with any semblance of skill. I only mean to chop wood and possibly watter bottles and maybe a melon or two for fun.

Warthog: The BUSSE AK is pricey for what it is. The Battle Grade models are the cheaper versions running from $467.00 to as much as $577.00 depending on options you choose. But they are rare and very seldom are they available for order so even if you don't end up liking it I've never seen anyone not be able to get their money back for one on the secondary market.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I rember when INFI AKs were $497 for a combat grade. Times have changed

I still like my Miller Bros Waki variant than an AK. However it's twice as thick so not as nimble as an AK

Last edited:
    Top Bottom