Battle Ready Swords? INGO Experts / Advice?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Chances are even better I'm not gonna participate in the sweaty fat guy wrastlin' match that is the Busse booth! If the guys I'm with can't get me a Busse without wrastlin, I'll buy my buddy 's for a greatly exaggerated price.

It's not that bad, you just have to be able to jump and be able to catch a flying card

If you don't actually want to wrastle or get on the floor that's your call.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    It's not that bad, you just have to be able to jump and be able to catch a flying card

If you don't actually want to wrastle or get on the floor that's your call.
    Dude last year it looked like a bunch of ladies fighting over the last item at the Walmart Black Friday sales!

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Dude last year it looked like a bunch of ladies fighting over the last item at the Walmart Black Friday sales!

Been part of that since 2010. Probably won't be this year, knife interests move on.

Anyway, only time I ever felt overwhelmed was my first year. After that you know the game and you build friends. It may look like a cluster f**k, but people help each other out

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    NO BUSSE free for all this year, Blade organizers stuffed them across from another big booth, so no card throwing! They line the table with blades, you buy them, and they replenish the table at certain intervals! Did pick up an INFI AK47 on the secondary today!

Fawkes

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    This, CAS/Hanwei has a very decent array from economical to expensive.

I bought one of these. The differential heat treatment is the key with the hardened edge but malleable spine being the key to a good durable blade. Here is the description I copied from one wholesaler:4 0 1/2" overall. 28 1/2" forged 1566 steel blade features differential heat treatment and a narrow edge angle. These wide blades will reward good technique with clean cuts and excellent durability. Imitation rayskin handle with imitation leather wrap. Handle is removable. Black lacquered scabbard.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I have many "Battle Ready" Swords. I figure you will run out of ammo eventually. Here is one of them,Cold Steel's Bastard Sword and the Dagger that goes with it:
    43CzyNp.jpg

and this one is one of many favorites, I love sabers and cutlasses…
    E07Pyok.jpg

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    BUSSE has Battle Grade AK 47 live on the site right now. Got the email last night and placed my order immediately after I got off work. Been jonesing for a new big knife/short sword since I sold my Rucki a few years ago. This one isn't going anywhere.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    BUSSE has Battle Grade AK 47 live on the site right now. Got the email last night and placed my order immediately after I got off work. Been jonesing for a new big knife/short sword since I sold my Rucki a few years ago. This one isn't going anywhere.

G10 handle upgrade or standard canvas? Why?

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I've been eyeballing a few of the Zombie Tools myself. I'm looking for a two hand grip, blade over 20" and a fuller.

https://www.zombietools.net/

The Diphos is high on my list. $650 though. Having a full length fuller appears to really drive up the price! I'd like to keep it under $425 if possible. The Sharkalope is also intriguing.

steif

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    100_0523.jpg Hmmm... Battle ready? I think i've got that covered... I lucked into a giant of a claymore a few years back. Made by gil Hibben in the late 60's and confirmed by him by e-mail. yep, that's my 80 pound dog next to it.. lol

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Black on black canvas. Because my Rodent Rucki was sage with black/tan G10 and to be honest I got sick of the color and the G10 felt slick and insecure in the swing. Thinking the canvas will be a little more secure.

If you're going to use it, I think you made a good choice. G10 won't stain, but when the grip or your hands are wet, Micarta wins every time. It's almost like you can get a better grip on Micarta when it's wet than when it's dry!

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    If you're going to use it, I think you made a good choice. G10 won't stain, but when the grip or your hands are wet, Micarta wins every time. It's almost like you can get a better grip on Micarta when it's wet than when it's dry!

I never took the Rucki into the woods, mostly because it didn't feel secure in hand. Especially after a few test cuts on water bottles, it felt so slick I didn't feel comfortable testing it on fire wood. Someone on here warned me about G10 on larger knives not being a good choice. I see why now. I'm not sure if the AK will replace my TOPS 230 machete as my go to for walking in the woods but I have a feeling it will make there a few times.

Top Bottom