Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Sharpshooter

User Info Menu

If you want your kids to have their own camp knife, take a look at the Mora Eldris.

This little blade is awesome for creating tinder for a fire and then sparking a ferro rod. It also works wonderfully for other small camp tasks and coarse whittling/wood working. It's on the small side for food prep, but gets the job done.

User Info Menu

I say a Mora along with a hatchet. Beating on a knife just goes against my soul, if you absolutely have to that's one thing but when better tools are available, use them! Moras are cheap enough to have spares, sharpen easily, and will do just about any normal knife task without any problem.
    Tulta munille! HAKKAA PÄÄLLE

User Info Menu

Fallkniven F1

User Info Menu

ESEE Junglas has been my camping, kindling getting, wood spliting knife for 5+ years. Great tool and used as such! Today I get to finally test out their warranty department. Took a swing at a piece of wood, blade stuck, handle kept moving...

#blesstheworld

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by w_ADAM_d88 View Post
    ESEE Junglas has been my camping, kindling getting, wood spliting knife for 5+ years. Great tool and used as such! Today I get to finally test out their warranty department. Took a swing at a piece of wood, blade stuck, handle kept moving...

Wow!

User Info Menu

no worries they’ll replace it.

User Info Menu

I've put this knife through some heavy work. It holds up.
    Look jerky, I don't need to talk to YOU.

User Info Menu

I chop and split with an axe. I cut with a smaller knife.

User Info Menu

BLADE ABUSER!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nehemiah View Post
    "Don't be afraid of the enemy! Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your brothers, your sons, your daughters, your wives, and your homes!" - Jerusalem 445 BC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    "If you don't have a gun, sell your coat and buy one." - Jerusalem April 14th, 30 AD - Thursday, 11:38pm IST
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenway View Post
    INGO SUCKS.....

User Info Menu

I use a Mora Companion Carbon and a homemade chopper fashioned from and Ontario 12” machete. (I re-profiled the tip and modified the handle for grip, along with giving it a convex edge). I use the Mora for smaller camp stuff, and Getuda Choppah for bushcraftiness.

I could use either one for survival should I need to, just different skillsets based on their abilities. If I was smart I should probably just get a beefier mid-size blade like an ESEE or Busse.

VIRTUS JUNXIT MORS NON SEPARABIT

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast