• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I think I have seen those in some knife collectors book somewhere. If they ever made a switchblade version it would break your wrist.

You can get them on ebay. That's where I got mine. Like I said, that sheet metal blade guard will double the price, but you can find them without it for pretty reasonable prices. And yeah, it would put the hurt on ya if it were a switchblade! :): I like that it will fit in a large outside pocket of my camping backpack. I even used it to cut down some bamboo in my back yard.

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    no worries they’ll replace it.

As their warranty states, no questions asked. Brand spankin' new knife to my door within a week of me sending mine out.

92DJ305.jpg

rlfrye

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    The Tuck
    An esee 3 and Hoffners Beast make a good combination for me. The esee for delicate work and the beast for neanderthal work.

DBH

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Carmel
    For three bills it ought to be! Had my hopes up of a new one. Out of my price range, LOL

Ha. I get it. Got mine direct. I think it was $225. It is up to the challenge but after marking pricing is still pretty stupid still.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    Full disclosure, I haven’t read every post; sorry I have a wife and kids and chickens and...... anyway, my go to knife isn’t sexy, but it is a good one. At least in my opinion, which is worth exactly what you are paying for. A Mora knife is sharp, easily sharpened, cheap, and of decent quality. A sub 20 dollar knife that does what the heavy hitters do for less. Just my opinion.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Full disclosure, I haven’t read every post; sorry I have a wife and kids and chickens and...... anyway, my go to knife isn’t sexy, but it is a good one. At least in my opinion, which is worth exactly what you are paying for. A Mora knife is sharp, easily sharpened, cheap, and of decent quality. A sub 20 dollar knife that does what the heavy hitters do for less. Just my opinion.
    Moras are great knives for lighter camp work, and I use one, but they aren’t strong enough for bigger camping/bushcraft activities. Point being there really isn’t one all around do everything knife, so having choices makes work easier.

blbmonster

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I personally take my Chris Reeve knives for that sort of stuff. That might sound weird but CRK will fix whatever I manage to break. They want you to use them though and I have. I trust my CRK's with my life. I just have to clean them every once in awhile and keep them hair popping sharp. Just my take though. I like to have a concealable blade.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I personally take my Chris Reeve knives for that sort of stuff. That might sound weird but CRK will fix whatever I manage to break. They want you to use them though and I have. I trust my CRK's with my life. I just have to clean them every once in awhile and keep them hair popping sharp. Just my take though. I like to have a concealable blade.
    Which CRK are you speaking of? I’ve a number of CRK’s, both pre and post divorce. I’ve broken bread with Chris Reeve himself, as well as his ex wife and son. Just wondering what knives you are referencing, as his former company doesn’t really produce a decent “camp knife”? I mean, if you want to use a Sebenza to baton firewood, well, OK, but...

blbmonster

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Which CRK are you speaking of? I’ve a number of CRK’s, both pre and post divorce. I’ve broken bread with Chris Reeve himself, as well as his ex wife and son. Just wondering what knives you are referencing, as his former company doesn’t really produce a decent “camp knife”? I mean, if you want to use a Sebenza to baton firewood, well, OK, but...
    That is what I am referencing actually. I have put my Sebenza's and Umnumzaan's through hell and back. I dont care for fixed blades. I've got a few but I have never once thought to myself "I should probably go grab a fixed blade for this." We dont have to agree. Different strokes for different folks.

Top Bottom