Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15
    Quote Originally Posted by mcapo View Post
    I need another safe - any chances on in-stock deals at FW store?
    Safes were 20% off, I briefly looked at them, but I feel like their prices were so high to begin with, that it's not worth looking at. Mostly all they had left were larger Liberty safes.

Plinker
    When I went to the one close to me, almost all the handguns were gone, and only a selection of bolt actions and shotguns left. It looked pretty barren to me in the store.

Plinker
    I wouldn't buy from them even if they had everything for 75% off. I went there 5 or 6 weeks ago with a gift card I'd been putting off using because I don't like the place and knew that very little if anything was $20 (value of the gift card) meaning I would have to toss in the difference. Took the family and wife finally found a jacket for my 5yr old. Great let's get out of here. Went to pay and was told they are not honoring GM gift cards anymore. The vains on my forehead about burst. My wife, God love her, said the gift card was the only reason we stepped foot in there and it was no wonder they were going under. The cashier lady was sympathetic and obviously felt bad so we kindly smiled and said thank you and walked out.

Whatever GM turns into under that Marcus guys leadership will have to bring it's A game for a few years before I'll think about spending money there.

Stopped into the Fort Wayne store today.

Did buy several boxes of ammo of calibers I don't reload at 10-15% off since I was already in the store but no prices worth stocking up on. Cheaper online and no better than my LGS.

You might find an accessory or two 30% off but still probably no better than Amazon prices.

I looked at wide body Liberty Safe. Still over $1000.

Guns are almost all new and lightly discounted to full blown retail. ie M&P 2.0 9mm $492 plus tax versus $483 at Buds for same model.

Couple of scopes that would have have been a decent buy, but again nothing approaching fire sale prices.

Yawn...
    Last edited by mcapo; 6 Days Ago at 15:54.

Plinker
    Merrillville store

60% off clothing
    40% off reloading (waiting for 60% to pick up a reloading kit finally)
    40% off archery
    40% off cutlery
    40% off ammunition (prices are still so high they arent even close to online prices)

Honestly there are a few deals to be had, but my opinion they are going out of business for a reason and the high "clearance" prices are a prime example of that.

BYE FELICIA.

Lafayette store is now in the list for possibly closing. Was told that today at the store.
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinchaser View Post
    Try and comprehend when I post here and LEARN!

Went to the Terre Haute store yesterday. Nothing really jumped out and said buy me but the 1 thing I did get was a set of scope rings. Still a lot of firearms on the shelves and lots of ammo to boot. Went hunting for some 300 Savage rounds (found 3 boxes of 20) and even after the discount I could still get them online plus pay shipping and come out ahead versus their discounted price. There were a lot people buying fishing lures. I was hoping to find a good buy on some St Croix rods but they're just not quite there yet. Close.

Plinker
    I might have to check for the availability of ammo. I was talking to a friend last night. He was telling me that someone is buying out the company and going to change the name to Gander World and that a few stores will remain open under the new name. I hope the new owners are not dumb enough to rename the moniker to gouger world.

Plinker
    Yeah there's a list floating around of what stores are staying

Went to Avon store. Ammo is only 20% and guns 10%. Prices still so high not worth going crazy. Only spent about $40. Hopefully they really drop prices soon. This might be a 2 year going out of business sale ��

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15