• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    Makes sense. I stopped in over the weekend to grab a couple more magazines and they had further consolidated everything (but the gun counter) into the center of the store. I had to hunt around to find them.

kscessnadriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 1, 2017
    Albion
    Can anyone give me an idea of what the shotgun inventory at the Fort Wayne Gander looks like as of the past couple of days?

I'm not a shotgun guy, but I seem to remember all the cheaper, entry level type stuff (870, 500/590, etc...) is gone. Just higher end stuff there, Benelli's, Beretta's, maybe some Stoegers. But, I don't pay much attention to shotguns.

Fate

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2011
    Greenwood had a couple of Remington 700s last weekend and went today and nothing. Thoroughly disappointed in myself for not buying when I was there.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Stopped into the Fort Wayne store today. Not much left. Some long rifle and shotguns. Prices seem retail but competitive. Lots of lookers and appeared to be a couple buyers.

Had a a ton of 7mm ammo. Small accessories are well discounted but pickings are slim.

Bought a SW brand M&P 45 mag for $15 and some American Eagle 44 mag ammo for $38 a box since I was there.

Last edited:

Bundy74

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2017
    Rockport
    I'm surprised that it didn't happen sooner, however I did enjoy going in and looking at the large selection of firearms that way I can get a feel for it and go buy it from my small local independent Gunshop .

INPoolPlayer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2017
    NOBLESVILLE
    I used to stop in the Castleton location weekly when I worked down there. I never bought anything though. Seems I wasn't aline. Kind of like Borders (anyone remeber that) it was a cool place to browse, but there was no point in actually shopping there. I'll miss the window shopping though.

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    I am actually going to miss the Gander stores to some degree. They had their place if only they could have sold their ammo and guns more competitively. I wouldn't go buy 9mm target ammo here but it was nice to be able to find some of the higher end hunting ammo like Federal Sierra Gameking in .308. By the time I paid the crazy online shipping prices it was less to buy it at Gander.

Sometimes I just like to be able to put my hands on a gun or knife before I buy it to make sure it isn't messed up and they usually had what I was looking for to do so. If it was ridiculous I would determine if it was what I wanted and look elsewhere but if it was within 30 bucks or so I would just buy the one in my hand I knew was defect free.

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    I noticed the other day that the old Gander building in castleton had been painted to the Gander outdoor colors. There is no for lease sign on the building but no other signage either. I wonder if they are going to reopen that one. Last I heard was that location was not going to come back

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    New ownership aside, if they do reopen they will get some traffic early out of curiosity, just like they did before. Their marketing/pricing and level of employee competence will determine success or failure, just like they did before. We know how that went!

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    I noticed the other day that the old Gander building in castleton had been painted to the Gander outdoor colors. There is no for lease sign on the building but no other signage either. I wonder if they are going to reopen that one. Last I heard was that location was not going to come back

I did a survey there this morning for adding data cables. They will be re-opening sometime around Jan 20th.

Top Bottom