Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Dick's Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WWalker View Post
    Kudos to them for thinking about the children. I don't need constant reminders of endangered kids when I'm shopping for the latest Bangladeshi-made Nike apparel...

Grandmaster DeadeyeChrista'sdad's Avatar

User Info Menu

This showed up in my Google news feed this morning. Yay Dicks. On the other hand, if I'm a stock holder, and I'm not a complete loon, I'm bailing out.
    I hear They call him Flipper. Yes... yes, I'm serious.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Wondering if Dicks stock increased after this announcement?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by n9tkf View Post
    Wondering if Dicks stock increased after this announcement?
    https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/DKS?ltr=1

User Info Menu

They got "woke" points with the soccer moms that demand things. If you take your kids to Dick's and buy some Nike shoes you are showing the entire PTA group how virtuous you are.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cameramonkey View Post
    Destroying my a**!

They'll sell them off to somebody behind the scenes. No way in hell they are actually burning proverbial cash by actually destroying them.

If they are actually burning corporate cash by destroying product, they deserve to flounder and die as a corporation because thats just idiotic.
    ^^^^^^^ THIS. What I thought when I heard this. Hope they have plenty of SOCCER uniforms to sell.....

Plinker

User Info Menu

When I chose to purchase a new set of golf clubs elsewhere due to Dicks policies, that is the long term that will erode their bottom line. We need to support LGS anyway!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by El-Cigarro View Post
    ^^^^^^^ THIS. What I thought when I heard this. Hope they have plenty of SOCCER uniforms to sell.....
    Dickís makes way more from sports apparel than from sporting goods like outdoor equipment, bikes, fishing rods, footballs, firearms/accessories/ammunition. Because theyíve carried some of that stuff and with a fair selection, it just gets people in the door potentially to include higher margin items.

Destroying $5M worth of guns is not just a write-off. Itís not a lot more than a rounding error in their advertising budget.

I donít see this as much of a loss of retail bandwidth for the gun/accessories market. Theyíve never had a very large selection of anything gun related. I never went to dicks for that stuff other than the rare ammo deal. If I went to dickís it was for apparel or the hard to find sports stuff. But now I avoid Dickís because theyíre politicizing their business. If they want to take sides, so will I. But, I am under no illusion that they give a **** that they no longer exist in my world. The soccer moms spend way more in their stores on leggings and running shoes than Iíve ever spent on the stuff that Iíve bought there.
    -spreading the word to end the r-word is retarded
    -activism is retarded because, what if youíre full of ****?

Plinker

User Info Menu

I think its a publicity stunt that will backfire on him, I doubt an actual 5 million, maybe 5 million at his inflated prices but more than likely just a 1 million that he paid. But it's a bad publicity stunt It may go well with the granola trail mix eating sissy boy tree hugger nature types who are already pretty true loyal customers of REI but to their core of American Sportsman who hunt, fish and shoot most will probably all go elsewhere.

If it was 5 million he did more good than bad to the gun industry which is going to have to produce another 5 million in firearms to replace the ones he destroyed.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jamil View Post
    Dickís makes way more from sports apparel than from sporting goods like outdoor equipment, bikes, fishing rods, footballs, firearms/accessories/ammunition. Because theyíve carried some of that stuff and with a fair selection, it just gets people in the door potentially to include higher margin items.

Destroying $5M worth of guns is not just a write-off. Itís not a lot more than a rounding error in their advertising budget.

I donít see this as much of a loss of retail bandwidth for the gun/accessories market. Theyíve never had a very large selection of anything gun related. I never went to dicks for that stuff other than the rare ammo deal. If I went to dickís it was for apparel or the hard to find sports stuff. But now I avoid Dickís because theyíre politicizing their business. If they want to take sides, so will I. But, I am under no illusion that they give a **** that they no longer exist in my world. The soccer moms spend way more in their stores on leggings and running shoes than Iíve ever spent on the stuff that Iíve bought there.
    The fact that Dick's consumed and then euthanized Galyan's is sufficient cause to avoid patronizing them.

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast