Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Shooting Gloves

User Info Menu

Shooting Gloves

Mods, feel free to move this if you don't feel like it's the appropriate area.

I've decided it's time to invest in a quality pair of shooting gloves, and holy cow batman are there a ton of choices. I figured I'd let the hivemind help in my choosing of a pair. So what say INGO? What brand of shooting glove are you currently running, and are you happy with their durability/performance?

User Info Menu

I'll follow this thread, but can I ask what made you decide you need/want gloves? My biggest reservation is loss of the trigger 'feel'. Anyway, hope you get lots of comments!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛAΒE

Keep'em Scary Sharp!!! WhitleyStu's Avatar

User Info Menu

For a nice thin grove I have found Hatch gloves to be a high quality well fit item.
    https://lapolicegear.com/brands/hatch/hatch-gloves.html
    NRA Life Member since 3/15/89
    I donít carry a firearm for self-defense because Iím an optimistÖ
    Facts seldom stand in the way of what someone wants to believe.
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

User Info Menu

https://www.lowes.com/pd/MECHANIX-WE...ves/1000386815

I've been using this specific pair from Lowe's for a year now and they are great! Handgun, and carbine work. I wore them to the Larry Vickers carbine course and they did great in solid rain Sat. and in transition drills. I did find myself only wearing the Left glove after a while Sunday only because it was a slight hassle trying to paste tape on targets with them.
    I will never again buy a pair of gloves of this type that have the velcro strap around the wrist. The new elastic slip on ones make more of a difference than I thought they would.
    This particular model number glove has a pad on the perfect spot, the base of the finger next to your thumb. I always cut that knuckle on something when I run the carbine (class or 2 gun) and the pad is cut up but not dead yet demonstrating how much it has saved my finger/knuckle.
    Putting firearms' contribution back in our history makes a more complete telling. Teaching marksmanship in that context deepens the understanding. Revere's Riders, because history involved guns!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_N_Stein
    I am trying to turn every thread I involve myself in into a **** show.

User Info Menu

I'm a fan of Ansell Combat gloves - can usually find them cheap on Ebay. Also, Mechanix Wear Fast Fit gloves are nice and are still very tactile.

Plinker

User Info Menu

I'm really happy with these for soaking up recoil and giving me a better hand position. Took awhile to get a pair but I feel it was worth checking back constantly until I got a pair.
    What is it?
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Plinker

User Info Menu

These have worked well so far. There is a full finger version too.

https://www.amazon.com/Outdoor-Resea...QBWS8P3AJVVT6D

Marksman

User Info Menu

I use the common weightlifter gloves available at Walmart, Academy, other sporting goods stores. They are a combination of materials, light weight. Flexible, and have padding in the palm where I want it. Nice variety, fingerless, $10-15. I think I'm using Harbinger brand, or something like that.

User Info Menu

I've always rocked Jersey gloves. Cheap work well and come out of the washing machine like brand new. Love em.

Need a little more protection then buckskin is great but so is the price. Mechanics gloves are ok but I wore them out quickly.

It's all personal preference that's why there is so many.

I wonít be wronged, I wonít be insulted, and I wonít be laid a hand on.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast