• Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Okay. Can you guys help me?
    Why use gloves?

I'm not trying to be sarcastic or silly. I really want to know.

For me, I got used to having to wear them. Other than that, I only put them on if I'm shooting a medium to high volume day. I have multiple hand injuries in my shooting hand. The compression from my gloves, lessens the joint pain. Which after a 500+ round day can get excruciating. Plus I want to be the cool guy at p.b. shooting my ar @10yards :cool:

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Why use gloves?

Recoil reduction in the palm of my hand. After 20-30 rounds, my hand gets twitchy.

Also, the slightly rough exterior helps grip a slick fiberglass gunstock grip. Many of my competition handguns have 2 ounce triggers, I don't want it to go off because my hand is sliding around.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Now during the week day I'm usually shooting a 30 gauge and I use waterproof gloves. Reasons are numerous but frankly it is a requirement.

dentists-hands-with-rubber-protective-gloves-holding-dental-tools-picture-id652299594

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Browning has an adjustable and interchangeable trigger system on the Cynergy. It’s pretty nifty, mostly. One them is a wide faced trigger with an aggressive checker cut into the trigger face. The other two options are smooth faced, finding them seems to be a problem though.

Page 37 has the checkered trigger showing.
    https://www.browning.com/content/da...rs-manuals/2019/18-BFA-612_Cynergy OM_WEB.pdf

Edit: it’s the Triple Trigger system, been around for awhile it turns out. Not just on the Cynergy.

Wow..I see why you would need gloves

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Whatever you wear, make sure they look cool. Because if you don't look cool, what's the point?

[video=youtube_share;R-Wper31Ppo]http://youtu.be/R-Wper31Ppo[/video]

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I’ve tried the glove thing for winter shooting. I end up taking them off so I’ve given up on the concept. I don’t wear gloves in the winter in my daily life anyhow so I don’t “need” to train with them.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Why use gloves?

I wear Mechanics gloves for several years, and have been happy with them. I have several pair, but I am still using my first pair and they are 6-7 years old.

I use them because I have psoriasis on my hands. That leaves the skin on my hands continually dried out which easily cracks. So during extended range sessions ( more than a mag or 2 for me) my hands will start cracking open and bleeding all over. Not fun and typically unplesant for others to view. With the gloves, 2 day classes are not a problem.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Other than a specially made glove for sling use in high power rifle and smallbore rifle competitions, I have never worn gloves to shoot. It is against the rules in some types of pistol competitions and unless I'm going to wear gloves everyday, it doesn't make sense to me to train in a way that I would not be equipped on a daily basis in case I needed my EDC. I might use gloves if I were still on active duty and in a position to actually fire weapons in combat. I might also wear knee pads then and a lot of other protective gear, but for everyday range sessions by civilians; give me a break.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Other than a specially made glove for sling use in high power rifle and smallbore rifle competitions, I have never worn gloves to shoot. It is against the rules in some types of pistol competitions and unless I'm going to wear gloves everyday, it doesn't make sense to me to train in a way that I would not be equipped on a daily basis in case I needed my EDC. I might use gloves if I were still on active duty and in a position to actually fire weapons in combat. I might also wear knee pads then and a lot of other protective gear, but for everyday range sessions by civilians; give me a break.

I sometimes shoot with gloves at the range in winter time, as I occasionally wear gloves while I'm carrying. Therefore I occasionally train with what I what I may be wearing.

I'm not wearing them on every range session during the summer time.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi

Not every range session is training, sometimes it just for fun. Everyone does things different for different reasons. I for one will wear gloves in certain situations. I always have gloves around. So in a self defense situation, I may or may not be wearing gloves. May or may not be wearing eye pro. May or may not be wearing ear pro. Shoot, I might not even be wearing pants if we're being honest. I mean who wears pants at home in bed. If a baddy breaks in, he's going to see more than he bargained for.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    If a baddy breaks in, he's going to see more than he bargained for.

That's part of my home protection plan. I sleep in whitey tighties. So when I am checking on that bump in the night, if I turn on the lights and the baddy sees me, his eyes should instantly start bleeding. During this period of disorientation (which could last quite some time based on what he would see) I should be able to call the police, national guard, CIA and the Mossad. Then I should have enough time to allow all of those agencies to send over agents from all different parts of the world before the baddy could regain his eyesight. I thought it was a less lethal plan, but then my wife informed me that is questionable..................:D

Purple may have been needed for the statement above. However, my wife again informed me that it may be pretty accurate.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    That's part of my home protection plan. I sleep in whitey tighties. So when I am checking on that bump in the night, if I turn on the lights and the baddy sees me, his eyes should instantly start bleeding. During this period of disorientation (which could last quite some time based on what he would see) I should be able to call the police, national guard, CIA and the Mossad. Then I should have enough time to allow all of those agencies to send over agents from all different parts of the world before the baddy could regain his eyesight. I thought it was a less lethal plan, but then my wife informed me that is questionable..................:D

Purple may have been needed for the statement above. However, my wife again informed me that it may be pretty accurate.

Idk, I'm still debating if it would be worth the time to remove my undies for a better effect. Maybe I'll use that tone to don proper ppe

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I use the Army issue combat gloves for tactical training. The reasoning is that when you clear malfunctions on a carbine or a AK you won’t slice you hands up. It also seems to help grabbing hot stuff you do not get burnt as much and glass and other crap that seems to be everywhere won’t slice you up.
    When doing EDC training I don’t wear them since I won’t be wearing them walking down the street.

Top Bottom