Join INGunOwners For Free

Poll: Which would you have to procure and rely on in SHTF? 9mm JHP, or 45acp FMJ

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

User Info Menu

In keeping with my normal tendency, I'll take the option not offered,........40S&W.

Easy cartridge to reload and it's a good cast bullet round. 180gn cast swc can put out a lot of hurt,.....wouldn't be afraid to tackle a large bear with one. Size/weight/capacity is very good. Lots of modern, incredibly inexpensive used models just begging for buyers. Just shot a couple of them today in fact and I have less than $500 in the pair. They're both 11+1.

20200123_185630 (Small).jpg

User Info Menu

9mm and 45 both suck equally. I ditched 45 many moons ago. I can handload and shoot twice as many 9mm for the same money.

HP vs FMJ.....meh, I carry whatever I can order in bulk and get a deal on.
    I wonít be wronged, I wonít be insulted, and I wonít be laid a hand on.

Plinker

User Info Menu

I'm just waiting for my investment in cheap used 40 cals pays off when the market trends back to that caliber.

User Info Menu

It's handgun ammo. .096" ain't enough size difference to be worth giving up capacity. I'm not talking about running around with 400 rounds at the ready but unless you can reload faster than whoever is shooting at you can fire another round you're putting yourself at a disadvantage. Believing you'll enjoy 100% accurate shot placement (or anywhere near that) in a life and death fight at anything past two feet is a dream. Might it happen? Sure. Are the odds in your favor with bullets coming your way? Not by a long shot.

Carry what you have and can shoot proficiently. A .45" round hole drilled through a non vital area of a committed attacker isn't going to accomplish much more than the .354" hole will. You gotta put the rounds where they count. Odds aren't good that it'll be easy, you're likely to need several attempts. I'd rather be shooting than reloading if someone is shooting at me.
    There's lots of ________ on here who don't fit your particular stereotype, smearing us with goofball sophistry is what is out of line. It just makes gunowners look like *******s.

- CarmelHP

Ark

User Info Menu

At that point I think your choices are being dictated to you by circumstance and availability.

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Backpacker View Post
    I reload and shoot both calibers. Nothing scientific, but I like the bigger hole created by 230gn round nose.
    I am a dyed in the wool .45 CP guy through and through.

But I pray never to be shot with either caliber. Please.

I have in the last couple of years acquired some really nice CZ's in 9mm and a 9mm AR pistol. My truck bag is all 9mm with the AR and a well tuned CZ.
    The AR fits in he bag very well. And no sense mixing calibers so it is all 9mm may God save my soul.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

9MM, itís everywhere the world over. I run out, just stop at the crashed MRAP, take their bullets. Iím in Africa, stop at the crashed Hilux, or Land Cruiser, take their ammo. In South America, stop at the crashed Nova, take their ammo. At Walmart stop...wait they donít have ammo.

User Info Menu

Yeah, I see lots of 40S&W guns for sale at good prices all the time, since it has fallen out of favor with law enforcement. I agree, there may very well be a pendulum swing back to the 40 at some point...
    ďWe must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately.Ē

User Info Menu

My Thompson is chambered in 45 ACP, I'll stick with that.
    Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering Kaboom.

Marvin the Martian

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilant View Post
    9MM, itís everywhere the world over. I run out, just stop at the crashed MRAP, take their bullets. Iím in Africa, stop at the crashed Hilux, or Land Cruiser, take their ammo. In South America, stop at the crashed Nova, take their ammo. At Walmart stop...wait they donít have ammo.
    Says I have to spread the rep around a bit.

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side kid." - Han Solo

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast