Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sloughfoot View Post
    On second thought, I will say this.

I work with, and mentor, Civil Air Patrol and Junior ROTC Cadets. Without exception, these fine young men and women have a keen desire to serve their country and they are actively gathering as much knowledge as they can in preparation for their anticipated future military service.

I am proud to help them to the best of my ability.

They are the reason that I feel confidant that our country will always have the people to stand up and do what it takes to defend and protect the Constitution of these United States.

They would hold anyone in disdain that would resist the call for service by our country.

We also have many Junior shooters in Indiana and all the rest of the states that are courted by the various military services at the Nationals at Camp Perry to sign up when they come of age.

Now, I will stop. But it is not easy.
    If they really believed in the Constitution and protecting it, then they wouldn't hold anyone in disdain for making a personal choice. Sounds more like Nationalism than defending Liberty.

Master

User Info Menu

Sign the form, and mail it back.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cowboywitek View Post
    so I get home and what do I find in the mailbox???.... !@$# a Selective Service letter. personally I dont even know why they send these things out? theres plenty of people going into the military... I mean are we really gonna have another "draft"? ahh, I dont know. they'll probably never call a draft while I'm alive (hopefully) so yeah getting to my question, does anybody know if it says anywhere in the Constitution about drafting or Selective Service? guess I would feel better about it if it was constitutionally correct... anyway I would appreciate some feedback. thanks.
    -TW
    If it pisses you off don't sign up. Be a man and stand up for what you believe, if not then sit down and STFU.

Also:
    Making a Choice: Conscientious Objection or Refusing to Register

Nobody has been prosecuted for not signing up for the selective service in over 25 year, and there has only been 1 token instance of 20 individuals, out of millions, who has been threatened by the government for not registering since 1973. This should make it easy for you to "make the right choice"...
    You take a mortal man, and put him in control...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by goinggreyfast View Post
    Personally, I think that every man and woman who is physically/mentally capable, should serve at least 1 term. It teaches a young person so much about personal responsibility, character, respect, blindly following orders, propping up the military industrial complex, supporting wars of aggression, false patriotism, irrational hatred of supposed enemies, etc, etc.
    Red added by Paco.

FTFY. You forgot to add some of the potential negatives.

Conscription = Slavery. I really don't see how someone can say otherwise...
    Last edited by Paco Bedejo; 07-13-2011 at 09:20.
    To assist those w/ disabilities: SARCASM | JOKES | AFFECTION | DISDAIN | RIGHTEOUS ANGER

Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rambone View Post
    Hire a personal trainer.
    put down the fork?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 45calibre View Post
    put down the fork?
    don't start that personal responsibility BS... it is my parents' fault.

User Info Menu

I can't see Congress ever authorizing a draft since it would mean having to send their own kids to war instead of just watching someone else's kids go off to fight. I doubt there are enough members of Congress willing to take that chance.
    "A vote is like a rifle, its usefulness depends on the character of the user."

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by spitfire51 View Post
    I can't see Congress ever authorizing a draft since it would mean having to send their own kids to war instead of just watching someone else's kids go off to fight. I doubt there are enough members of Congress willing to take that chance.
    They will just have the exemption system like they did during Nam.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by badwolf.usmc View Post
    Be a man and stand up for what you believe, if not then sit down and STFU.
    This might become my new INGO signature. It really applies to many posts found in the Politics section.
    'Til that time I will remain, 'til the sinners lay down with the saints.

Master

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sloughfoot View Post
    On second thought, I will say this.

I work with, and mentor, Civil Air Patrol and Junior ROTC Cadets. Without exception, these fine young men and women have a keen desire to serve their country and they are actively gathering as much knowledge as they can in preparation for their anticipated future military service.

I am proud to help them to the best of my ability.

They are the reason that I feel confidant that our country will always have the people to stand up and do what it takes to defend and protect the Constitution of these United States.

They would hold anyone in disdain that would resist the call for service by our country.

We also have many Junior shooters in Indiana and all the rest of the states that are courted by the various military services at the Nationals at Camp Perry to sign up when they come of age.

Now, I will stop. But it is not easy.
    How could anyone look at the numerous idiotic "wars" we fight and not resist the call for service, after all?

I have every ounce of respect for those who serve willingly in our military, but I have absolutely none for the tools who send those brave souls off to die simply to make a political point. Those same tools would be the ones calling me up for a draft, so I think I'd be more than a little resistant to a nationwide call-to-arms. I could understand the disdain if that draft would only be called up to actually defend the nation from attack, but at this point we'd more likely be sent to another Vietnam, lose tens of thousands of men, then pull out and waste every one of those lost.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast