Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

$1000-a-month national wage

Presidential candidate Andrew Yang wants you to vote for a $1000-a-month national wage.

https://www.fastcompany.com/40549433...income-in-2020

My democratic friend at work told me about this. Everyone would get $1000-a-month. I said who pays for this? We all will. I said if someone has no income, who pays for it? Everyone pays their share. So what's my share? Who benefits besides lower income and Uncle Sam? I said that's not going to work and he said something about strength in numbers. If it happens, me and my wife are going to quit our jobs, get a divorce, and each collect $1000 a month. Can't wait.

I Care...Really

User Info Menu

The idiots on the other side are not seeing this clearly.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

I have heard people that are more economically conservative espouse similar concepts. Universal Basic Income isn't really a new concept. In fact, Friedrich Hayek himself supported such an idea.

However, in order for it to be implemented, it effectively replaces ALL other government assistance programs (which is something that Yang isn't proposing from what I can tell). But even if you do that, in the end you are looking at spending something like double the Federal budget (excluding Social Security and Military). The math just doesn't work.
    Minimum Government, Maximum Freedom.

Expert

User Info Menu

If we had working replicators, we would not need money.

User Info Menu

If I can get free health insurance, food stamps and the $1000/month... I could probably go ahead and retire.

User Info Menu

Instead of sending us a check why don't they just reduce our taxes by $1,000.00 and put it in our pockets that way. It's less work and more effective! It'll never happen but a guy can dream!

User Info Menu

So those who don't need the money to survive, can invest it heavily and then retire with a nice little nest egg.

But people with poor money managing skills will go buy a beamer and quickly find it gets repo'd when they can afford the repairs, gas, and insurance.
    WTS/WTT 9mm and 308 win reload dies.

User Info Menu

What kind of loser wants to earn $12k a year as their life goal?

I earned more money in high school mowing lawns, shoveling snow and working minimum wage at a part time job. That was four decades ago before inflation.
    When seconds matter the 2nd Amendment matters.

User Info Menu

Any of you who think that all people would get the "guaranteed basic income" are living in a fantasy world.

...and yes, I know what the theorists say.

Not going to happen. Also, as noted above, it would only ever be given to current welfare recipients ON TOP OF current welfare...and again, yes, I know what they claim.

...and don't call it a wage. A wage is something you work for.
    ​Bullies suck. They also make you stronger.

I Care...Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HoughMade View Post
    Any of you who think that all people would get the "guaranteed basic income" are living in a fantasy world.

...and yes, I know what the theorists say.

Not going to happen. Also, as noted above, it would only ever be given to current welfare recipients ON TOP OF current welfare...and again, yes, I know what they claim.

...and don't call it a wage. A wage is something you work for.
    +10.............Winner.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast