Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

A Warning: Anonymous

Yet another "anonymous" (read, cowardly and probably completely fictional) source with "warnings" about Trump. How is this not considered libel? No proof, no evidence, just spewing out negative nonsense. Of course Rachel Madcow and others of her ilk laps it up.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...-time-n1078586

User Info Menu

What if it's true?
    Put another way, if there were a name behind it would you believe any of it anyway?

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jludo View Post
    What if it's true?
    Put another way, if there were a name behind it would you believe any of it anyway?
    If it is true then lets see some stats and evidence. I think that is all any of us wants to see. I know I would find it refreshing in light of all the mis-direction and lies. Show me the evidence.

Simple enough.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

Yeah, this will be another Trump-era Rorschach test. And, as long as some of the more dramatic things are stated in terms of opinion, then there may not be any kind of defamation case.

Trump's reaction will be interesting. In the past, he's said some pretty aggressive things about the limits of the 1A when it comes to things that are critical of him.
    Resident Warning Shot Statist.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    If it is true then lets see some stats and evidence. I think that is all any of us wants to see. I know I would find it refreshing in light of all the mis-direction and lies. Show me the evidence.

Simple enough.
    ^^^This^^^ If it's true, then come out with the evidence and step out into the light. This hiding behind anonymity has become the standard now. People can get away with saying anything they want because there is no accountability when you're some nameless, faceless entity.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by T.Lex View Post
    Yeah, this will be another Trump-era Rorschach test. And, as long as some of the more dramatic things are stated in terms of opinion, then there may not be any kind of defamation case.

Trump's reaction will be interesting. In the past, he's said some pretty aggressive things about the limits of the 1A when it comes to things that are critical of him.
    They're not being stated as opinion though. They're claiming these things as fact with no proof, nor corroboration, nada. And the media happily disseminates it as fact as well. They are complicit in this crap. Show me the proof. Play me a taped recording (unedited) of Trump saying and doing these things. Name names. Get signed and sworn affidavits. Show me some of these "resignation letters" that everyone allegedly have already made up and ready to go. Until that happens, it is nothing but libel in my opinion.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DoggyDaddy View Post
    ^^^This^^^ If it's true, then come out with the evidence and step out into the light. This hiding behind anonymity has become the standard now. People can get away with saying anything they want because there is no accountability when you're some nameless, faceless entity.
    Well, it isn't really that simple, right? When people come out publicly, there are death threats, public harassment, and all sorts of downside. It is completely reasonable to try and avoid that.

But, in this day and age, I think it pretty unreasonable to think anonymity can be achieved long-term. It'll come out at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by DoggyDaddy View Post
    They're not being stated as opinion though. They're claiming these things as fact with no proof, nor corroboration, nada. And the media happily disseminates it as fact as well. They are complicit in this crap. Show me the proof. Play me a taped recording (unedited) of Trump saying and doing these things. Name names. Get signed and sworn affidavits. Show me some of these "resignation letters" that everyone allegedly have already made up and ready to go. Until that happens, it is nothing but libel in my opinion.
    Have you read the book already?

"All the President's Men" wasn't exactly sworn testimony.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by T.Lex View Post
    Well, it isn't really that simple, right? When people come out publicly, there are death threats, public harassment, and all sorts of downside. It is completely reasonable to try and avoid that.

But, in this day and age, I think it pretty unreasonable to think anonymity can be achieved long-term. It'll come out at some point.

Have you read the book already?

"All the President's Men" wasn't exactly sworn testimony.
    I've only read the excerpts that were quoted in the article. Again, they're not presenting it as opinion. And if I recall, at least "All the President's Men" presented at least some real evidence, named names, and it was also done after the fact.

User Info Menu

The MSM presents a bunch of opinion as fact.

I'll wait until the book is out and see how it is arranged.

Things like, "Everybody has their resignation letter typed out and ready." isn't defamatory. It also isn't a big deal. In this day and age, professional people need to be looking for the next move.

User Info Menu

Who doesn't have a pre-printed letter of resignation ?

Bob

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast