• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The evidence to me this stuff is just BS is, they keep flipping paper wads at Trump trying to kill him with a thousand paper cuts, if they had a .45 they would have used it by now...

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    What if it's true?
    Put another way, if there were a name behind it would you believe any of it anyway?

If there were a name, one could explore how well positioned the person was to make the observations and explore whether they may have an ulterior motive. etc., etc., etc.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    If you’re going to write that, be man or woman enough to 1. Identify yourself, 2. Resign from your position, and 3. Advocate publicly for the change you believe is necessary.

Without a name, credibility = zero.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    A letter to stir the camp. I'm against Trump and I'm in his camp. Come find me.

2f6PHRF.jpg

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I've gotten to the point where I don't believe any of these "articles" anymore regardless who they are trying to smear. The "media" has taken advantage of us for so long and spoon fed us pure **** for so long that unless I see it with my own eyes I don't give it a lot of trust. We no longer live in a world of innocent until proven guilty. People from all walks make accusations that their victims must defend against and when they are proven to be false there are no repercussions for those that make these false accusations, they just move on to the next victim.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    If it were something I felt strong about that would be good for a cause (whatever that may be), I think I'd go forward and take the risk of being forever hunted. What would a good cause be? If I knew I could prevent the 2nd amendment from being abolished - I would come forth. If I knew I could prevent 10k babies from being aborted, I would come forth. If I knew I could take action to keep the government out of church, I would.

In the spirit of INGO goalpost-moving.... ;) Yeah, those are different.

Again, with the premise that we know something that very few people know and it could "bring down" Trump, but with the near-certitude of public exposure, that's probably not going to be important enough to come forward. If I do nothing, Trump will be out of office at some point. If I do something, it may come earlier (although it also may not), but I'll probably be worse off for having done it.

As a civilian, it is kinda like a shoot/no-shoot scenario.

If I'm at the local CVS and some meth-head comes in to rob the place, but doesn't pose a real threat to me or my family. Meh. CVS has insurance.

If that same meth-head starts creating risk of something REALLY bad to me or mine, then that's a different reaction from me.

Our Republic has had unstable leadership in the past and survived. This, too, shall pass.

The 2A is in no danger of being abolished. There's nothing any one person can do about abortion. Nor about the intersection of church and state.

That's just my take.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    If there were a name, one could explore how well positioned the person was to make the observations and explore whether they may have an ulterior motive. etc., etc., etc.
    They do have an ulterior motive as a self proclaimed member of the “Resistance”

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Yet another "anonymous" (read, cowardly and probably completely fictional) source with "warnings" about Trump. How is this not considered libel? No proof, no evidence, just spewing out negative nonsense. Of course Rachel Madcow and others of her ilk laps it up.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/do...-s-decision-making-eroding-over-time-n1078586

It's only libel if it's false. I haven't read the book, so I can't say one way or the other. However, what I do know, is the the president is going to lose his **** once it's released and starts hitting the talk circuit. :popcorn:

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Our Republic has had unstable leadership in the past and survived. This, too, shall pass.

The 2A is in no danger of being abolished. There's nothing any one person can do about abortion. Nor about the intersection of church and state.

That's just my take.

That is exactly what is the desired reaction the "state" is looking for. Add to this the scenario that unless it affects me or mine....I'll keep quiet.

Just my take....

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    It is rather difficult for anybody directly refute an allegation by an anonymous accuser. Hell, it was hard enough for Mitt Romney to directly refute Harry Reid's accusation on the Senate floor that he hadn't paid income taxes in years - which Reid later admitted was a *bold face lie*. At that point it didn't matter, the damage was done.

This is same/same.

Let's be real here, this is COWARDLY...if it is even real at all (there's no way to verify - after all, the supposed author is 'anonymous').

Be strong enough in your convictions to publicly own them or keep your yap closed. All this serves to do is support confirmation bias and spread FUD.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It is rather difficult for anybody directly refute an allegation by an anonymous accuser. Hell, it was hard enough for Mitt Romney to directly refute Harry Reid's accusation on the Senate floor that he hadn't paid income taxes in years - which Reid later admitted was a *bold face lie*. At that point it didn't matter, the damage was done.

This is same/same.

Let's be real here, this is COWARDLY...if it is even real at all (there's no way to verify - after all, the supposed author is 'anonymous').

Be strong enough in your convictions to publicly own them or keep your yap closed. All this serves to do is support confirmation bias and spread FUD.

^^^^^^^Winner^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

This is same/same.

Here's the catch though. Anonymous wrote an entire BOOK about the ineptness coming out of the White House. Assumedly, the author is going to name names and places. If this is a work of fiction, then Anonymous has some BIG brass swinging ones. Like HUUUUGE. The allegations expected out of this book, again if fiction, should have named persons licking their chops at the payout they're going to get.... while at the same time bankrupting the publisher. Just something to consider.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    What if it's true?
    Put another way, if there were a name behind it would you believe any of it anyway?

What if it is a coup?

Where there's smoke, there could be someone desperately trying to get something to burn that isn't actually flammable

What do we think of someone whose hypotheticals all slant one way? Are they likely to make us reconsider? You make the call

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Here's the catch though. Anonymous wrote an entire BOOK about the ineptness coming out of the White House. Assumedly, the author is going to name names and places. If this is a work of fiction, then Anonymous has some BIG brass swinging ones. Like HUUUUGE. The allegations expected out of this book, again if fiction, should have named persons licking their chops at the payout they're going to get.... while at the same time bankrupting the publisher. Just something to consider.

The people that wrote the steele dossier are laughing at you. Did you ever find the elevator pee tapes yet?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

The legal standard is so high very few of the type of case you describe result in a win. That is why they are hyped so much when they do win. Salacious accusations of the he said/she said variety are not winnable but can be very damaging. As with all the left has thrown at Trump, the proof bar is very high for independent and Republican voters because the left has claimed "bombshells" like the boy cried wolf...

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    To be "that guy" but there are SOOO many fake stories regarding Obama, Clinton, Trump, and various other politicians. Pretty much since Social Media gained momentum. Not saying this current story is true or false but what is the historical rate of politicians suing a writer for libel? Probably pretty low. But since this is politics, truthfulness has little to do with the author. Anonymous authors, supporters obviously critical (rightfully so) of motives. Named authors, supporters write off author as political "hater" regardless of political position. Supporters will never believe (or at least rationalize it away) negative stories and political opponents believe ALL stories regardless of the source or lack of vetting. SSDD

Just out of curiosity, vis a vis the cloak of anonymity; does learning the current whistleblower's identity and information about his background make you:

A) More likely to believe his allegations

B) Less likely to believe his allegations

C) Had no effect on your likelihood to believe his allegations

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The people that wrote the steele dossier are laughing at you. Did you ever find the elevator pee tapes yet?

Heck, I never knew that private intelligence dossiers could make one subject to libel. Guess ya learn something new everyday.

Top Bottom