Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Bosma said on the news this Am that the has figures about where the money really goes. Sounded like a shot across the bow.
    Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering Kaboom.

Marvin the Martian

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Leadeye View Post
    Bosma said on the news this Am that the has figures about where the money really goes. Sounded like a shot across the bow.
    What do facts have to do with PR stunts?
    ​Bullies suck. They also make you stronger.

Certified Bro Shark Ballstater98's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Leadeye View Post
    Bosma is all talk.
    Lifetime LTCH; Lifetime NRA Member; Maker's Mark Ambassador #780040; GOA Member #23463299

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HoughMade View Post
    We, as gun owners, need a union savvy enough to create stalking-horse issues like increased pay so things like wealth redistribution, centralization of power and anti-competition legislation can come along for the ride.
    We simply cannot create the emotional vectors necessary. The left are masters at this.
    INGOer #18,319

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GodFearinGunTotin View Post
    We simply cannot create the emotional vectors necessary. The left are masters at this.
    Only as they have an easy target in those who follow mindlessly.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

I have had about as much touchy feely stuff as I can stand from the NEA. What are the hard facts?

Yes, teacher pay is an issue. Ok, why didn't the Union negotiate a higher wage for starting pay? What would teachers like that starting wage to be?

They want more "support" from the public and legislators. Ok, what does that mean? Are we going to pass laws that parents have to be in the PTA, and volunteer in the classroom?

They want better buildings and resources. Ok, which buildings and what resources? How much is that going to cost? How are WE THE PEOPLE going to pay for it?

The spending per pupil numbers are not adjusted for cost of living, and do not really examine if more money actually makes better schools. IPS spends far and away more per student than any other corporation. Shouldn't they have the best schools and highest paid teachers in the state? Why is it actually the exact opposite?

It's easy to chant slogans and appeal to emotions. Show me the DETAILS.

Also, if we want to change laws, I'm all for it. Show me the parts of Title 20 that you want to change! Stop being so damn vague NEA!!!

User Info Menu

Sometimes...it's just about having the issue. As the republicans have proven with issues like the 2A and abortion, it's easier to campaign on the issue than on past successes (and their repercussions and where they fell short, etc.).
    INGOer #18,319

Master

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HoughMade View Post
    We, as gun owners, need a union savvy enough to create stalking-horse issues like increased pay so things like wealth redistribution, centralization of power and anti-competition legislation can come along for the ride.
    This. The bigger problem here isnít the schools itís the union not doing what it promises to do.

User Info Menu

Schools owe no duty to educate students!

To be sure, this general directive was never intended to impose a duty flowing directly from a local school district to individual pupils to ensure that each pupil receives a minimum level of education, the breach of which duty would entitle a pupil to compensatory damages.
    Donohue v. Copiague Union Free Sch. Dist., 391 N.E.2d 1352, 1353 (N.Y. 1979)
    ​Bullies suck. They also make you stronger.

User Info Menu

I've been in arguments with friends who teach but most of them were about Istep and school testing in general. They all said that "teaching to the test" was bad and didn't educate students. My argument as a business person was that you have to have some way to measure success, and challenged them to produce a better method of evaluation. While I never heard one, I did get plenty of attitude that I wan't smart enough to understand how education worked. I can only say that the average product of public education today seems less able than the average product of the late 60s and early 70s.

Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering Kaboom.

Marvin the Martian

Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast