Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

User Info Menu

Church ok everywhere but Marion Co.?

I don't get it, does the mayor actually have legislative authority?
    Psalm 118:8 It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man.

User Info Menu

https://www.foxnews.com/us/coronavir...newsom-pastors

Iíd love to see our churches stand up and dare them to do something about it.

But from what Iím seeing at mine, the congregation is so afraid of the virus, theyíre willingly obliging/obliged our governorís edicts.
    INGOer #18,319

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GodFearinGunTotin View Post
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/coronavir...newsom-pastors

Iíd love to see our churches stand up and dare them to do something about it.

But from what Iím seeing at mine, the congregation is so afraid of the virus, theyíre willingly obliging/obliged our governorís edicts.
    That's the problem.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drillsgt View Post
    That's the problem.
    The modern, American church has a misguided Romans 13 understanding, in my opinion.
    INGOer #18,319

User Info Menu

The modern, American church has a misguided Romans 13 understanding, in my opinion.
    I have used this article a few times within our church. A little long for today's sound bite mindset, but worth the read.

https://teachingamericanhistory.org/...higher-powers/

User Info Menu

It's really hard to read scripture without viewing it through our own lenses.

We in America have a history of defying authority when it conflicts with personal liberty. Which in some ways, makes following Christ hard.

In these times, with limited alternatives, there's lots of online bible study groups, so many church sermons on YouTube, plenty of time to read the Bible.
    Being a good Christian isn't determined by church attendance. Make no mistake - I long to be back with my church family in the same (large and spread out) room. But this situation really is temporary.

So, I urge you all brothers (and sisters), examine yourself - is you motive to meet again in a large group to be more Christ-like, or is to show that you're strong and cannot be controlled?

If it's truly the former, then pitter-patter, let's get at 'er.
    Our church reopens on the 24th, with double the number of services, and I'll be hiding in the sound booth as usual.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
    Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?

User Info Menu

And Monroe county. They're claiming authority from IC 16-20-1 et seq, and 16-41-9 et seq.

https://bloomington.in.gov/covid19
    Nothing is everything, but everything is something. - Ayoob

User Info Menu

Wonder when the next horseman shows up.
    Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering Kaboom.

Marvin the Martian

Master

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Leadeye View Post
    Wonder when the next horseman shows up.
    Chronologically I think that comes after the flying monkeys. I think it goes plague virus, murder honets then flying moneys and the next horseman....I could be wrong everything is just a theory at this point

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JettaKnight View Post
    It's really hard to read scripture without viewing it through our own lenses.

We in America have a history of defying authority when it conflicts with personal liberty. Which in some ways, makes following Christ hard.

In these times, with limited alternatives, there's lots of online bible study groups, so many church sermons on YouTube, plenty of time to read the Bible.
    Being a good Christian isn't determined by church attendance. Make no mistake - I long to be back with my church family in the same (large and spread out) room. But this situation really is temporary.

So, I urge you all brothers (and sisters), examine yourself - is you motive to meet again in a large group to be more Christ-like, or is to show that you're strong and cannot be controlled?

If it's truly the former, then pitter-patter, let's get at 'er.
    Our church reopens on the 24th, with double the number of services, and I'll be hiding in the sound booth as usual.
    Very good question. I needed to hear it and contemplate it. Everyone spouting about it should consider this. It is a powerful reminder of why I follow Him, and it has to do with a freedom that only Christ can grant, and it cannot be taken away by man or government.

"God will have the last word, and it will be good!" --Dr. Robert H. Schuller

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast