Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Plinker

User Info Menu

Trump Says Maybe Election Should Be Postponed

Story on FOX news where he floated the thought because of possible voter fraud. I agree with the possible fraud in mail in voting, but he should have never even uttered that phrase. The Dems have been warning of him "not leaving office" after the election and he says this. This guy is his own worst enemy.

link:
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...raudulent-vote

tsm
    Marksman

User Info Menu

It may be useful in psychoanalysis, but free association in a President, not so much.

Ark

User Info Menu

The executive does not control elections and does not decide when, if, or how they are held. The terms of our constitution are pretty clear on this.

The Democrats are playing into his hands with this insistence on a massive unproven mail-in vote scheme right on the heels of a disastrous and chaotic mail-in primary. If you can wear a mask and go shopping at Walmart, you can wear a mask and go vote. This election needs to be on time, in person, and in accordance with longstanding rules and practices. This is the worst possible time to roll out some new untested nonsense.

Unfortunately, again, the feds have little control over this and the Dem states seem hell bent on mail-in at all costs.

User Info Menu

This all reminds me of Alvin Toffler's book Ecospasm form the 70s. His central premise for the problems was the energy crunch of the 70s which was the big issue of the day, but the actual results are strangely similar
    Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering Kaboom.

Marvin the Martian

User Info Menu

I know I'll take ground fire as a '4D chesser', but I just can't believe the proffering of this idea is for any reason other than to move the press and the woke in the exact opposite direction. No one can believe it would ever happen, nor can anyone seriously believe conditions will be significantly better in any practicable delay. Any such would need to not delay the change in administrations, and thus would need to be between 3 Nov and 3 Jan or so. Not enough time to allow for much change in the situation. I can only see it as a move to provoke pronouncements from the left about how we must obey the Constitution and the rules it sets forth, which could conceivably play into rejecting mail in voting and other schemes put forth in the interest of 'safety' over integrity
    Just because individuals make poor decisions it doesn't mean governments make better ones

User Info Menu

Just another quote to get some panties wadded up.
    1911s are like Glocks except they are for grown-ups.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BugI02 View Post
    I know I'll take ground fire as a '4D chesser', but I just can't believe the proffering of this idea is for any reason other than to move the press and the woke in the exact opposite direction. No one can believe it would ever happen, nor can anyone seriously believe conditions will be significantly better in any practicable delay. Any such would need to not delay the change in administrations, and thus would need to be between 3 Nov and 3 Jan or so. Not enough time to allow for much change in the situation. I can only see it as a move to provoke pronouncements from the left about how we must obey the Constitution and the rules it sets forth, which could conceivably play into rejecting mail in voting and other schemes put forth in the interest of 'safety' over integrity
    Yup.

Plinker

User Info Menu

That could be, I hadn't really thought about it. Who knows. It will for sure stir up the press and some of the Dems.

User Info Menu

Just waving the Twitter laser pointer.

"What? No! We can't change our elections because of the pandemic."

"Good, I agree, we should stick with the established date and system. Glad we could settle that."

User Info Menu

My first thought is he is just casting and reeling in the suckers.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast