• ...and so much more!
  • Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Everyone has a stick up their ***.

It's pretty obvious from the punctuation that he was casting some bait to make a point.
    But the media is squarely too illiterate to understand that.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Just saw a preview for a story coming up on WTHR and how ticked off voters were for the primaries with the mail-in ballot problems.

Now let's think about this... If they wanted to reduce contact by having fewer voters at the polls, it would have been logical to INCREASE the number of polling places. Instead, they substantially REDUCED the number of polling places. That was a recipe for disaster. Was it stupidity? Or was it done purposefully to increase peoples' frustration with "in person" voting so they would look more favorably on mail-in ballots? You decide.

They're going to be increasing the numbers of polling places and allow more early voting locations for the general elections, but they still won't be back up to the full number of polling places. That is inexcusable. They should be increasing them, not decreasing them.

It's all well and good to increase the number of polling places. The problem is finding people to man them. That is becoming a serious problem, not just this election but starting several elections back. This primary was especially bad. With the Covid a lot of volunteer workers said **** that. With the majority of the ones I see around here, being anywhere from old to downright ancient, I can't say that I blame them.

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    I have thought a lot over the last few years that Trump must be an idiot for things he says, but it seems to work for him. While I would not have said what he did, he may well have done it on purpose for reasons that make sense to him.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I can just see Trump posting that and then turning to everyone in the room and saying "that aught to cause more than a few heads to explode".

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Story on FOX news where he floated the thought because of possible voter fraud. I agree with the possible fraud in mail in voting, but he should have never even uttered that phrase. The Dems have been warning of him "not leaving office" after the election and he says this. This guy is his own worst enemy.

link:
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tr...llots-to-result-in-inaccurate-fraudulent-vote

I heard President Trump say "Trump Says Maybe Election Should Be Postponed, Congress has the power to do it". He didn't say he would do it.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It's all well and good to increase the number of polling places. The problem is finding people to man them. That is becoming a serious problem, not just this election but starting several elections back. This primary was especially bad. With the Covid a lot of volunteer workers said **** that. With the majority of the ones I see around here, being anywhere from old to downright ancient, I can't say that I blame them.

Yeah, they did mention that in the story once they showed the whole thing. Not sure how to work around that. Certainly not an ideal situation.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Just saw a preview for a story coming up on WTHR and how ticked off voters were for the primaries with the mail-in ballot problems.

Now let's think about this... If they wanted to reduce contact by having fewer voters at the polls, it would have been logical to INCREASE the number of polling places. Instead, they substantially REDUCED the number of polling places. That was a recipe for disaster. Was it stupidity? Or was it done purposefully to increase peoples' frustration with "in person" voting so they would look more favorably on mail-in ballots? You decide.

They're going to be increasing the numbers of polling places and allow more early voting locations for the general elections, but they still won't be back up to the full number of polling places. That is inexcusable. They should be increasing them, not decreasing them.

My grandfather told me before i was going to vote for the first time, he said boy nothing in politics happens by accident. Nothing....

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Just waving the Twitter laser pointer.

"What? No! We can't change our elections because of the pandemic."

"Good, I agree, we should stick with the established date and system. Glad we could settle that."

The Dems and media have been falling all over each other to get to a microphone and confirm no delays in the date. Hope this bites them in the butt.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I propose, to keep social distancing standards and eliminate overcrowding polling places; that Republicans, Trumptards and non-black-blacks vote on November 3rd and all others vote on November 4th.

4a0fs6.jpg

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    How does someone suggest postponing the election and tell school to open in one breath. Don't those seem like conflicting interests?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    One is serious, the other is :hooked:

Public schools should never open. All tax money should be refunded and parents should be responsible for their children's education. Whether that be Home school, private school, religious school or tooters.

I know it is tutors, take it as the joke it was meant.

Top Bottom