Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Plinker

Talk me out of a Sig P320

I've been looking to make my first gun purchase for a while. Going into it, I assumed I'd get a Glock just because but after I shot my brother's 19 and rented a 17 and didn't really like either. They were fine, but meh. Shot a few others including an M&P 9, but nothing has really grabbed me as much as the P320.

It's going to be for home defense that's never carried except in a case to and from the range once or twice a month.

Why would anyone want to talk you out of probably the best striker fired gun currently on the market??
    Quote Originally Posted by MCgrease08 View Post
    Dude, from what I can tell from your photos, you don't do anything bargin bin.

in a one word reply to your question

"no"

don't let anyone talk you out of a p320! its my favorite poly framed gun, its my favorite striker fired gun, and most days I carry either my 320, my m11, or my shield, and if sig ever makes a 320 in a single column sub compact nine, id sell my shield and get one on those!

and if the right deal came along, I'd trade my glock 19 for a m&p9 compact! (but that wont happen, cause I've got way too much tied up in upgrades for my glock, I'd never get out of it what I've got in it, and all that did was make the upgraded glock = the sig!)
    Never too many sigs in your safe!-mike4sigs

OP, have you shot an M&P? Compact and/or full-sized?

What about the H&K VP9?

MY opinion is that the M&P platform is better than the Sig. Just feels better in my hands. The Sig feels "tinny" upon dry-fire. I've not live-fired one.
    Amazing Grace, how sweet was her sound.

Jet beams can't melt steel fuel.

Grandmaster DeadeyeChrista'sdad's Avatar
    Um, just cause the good guys make it doesn't mean it's not a Glock?
    It is good to have friends when you need them, even if they are only in your head

If I were in the market for a striker fired gun I would have said get the 320 if you asked me a couple of months ago. Now I'd tell you to hold on and see if you can get your hands on a CZ P10 to try out. From everything I have heard the trigger is fantastic, better than the 320 which has the best striker fire trigger I've tried.

Marksman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean Crail View Post
    Why would anyone want to talk you out of probably the best striker fired gun currently on the market??
    This. No need for more.
    The people should not fear their government. The government should fear their people.

#M&P4LYF!
    Quote Originally Posted by db1959 View Post
    Jagee for king mod!
    Quote Originally Posted by db1959 View Post
    all hail king jagee

Plinker
    Quote Originally Posted by Tactically Fat View Post
    OP, have you shot an M&P? Compact and/or full-sized?

What about the H&K VP9?
    I've shot the M&P shield and full-sized. They were ok, but not great.

Haven't shot the H&K VP9 yet. Indy Arms is the only place I've seen that rents them and haven't made it there yet. I'd also like to try Walther PPQ, but haven't found a place that rents those yet.

Some 9mm have had reported issues with shooting to point of aim. Those examples still group well, but hit high. This can be fixed via a sight change, and the majority shoot where they are supposed to.

Not quite as drop safe as some other offerings.

That's really all the negatives I can think of, and as long as you get one that shoots point of aim with your chosen load and don't store it loaded on a shelf that's head high then knock it off onto concrete, they'll probably never concern you.

If it fits your hand and you like it, go for it.
    My nuts are the great uniter.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast