• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vendetta

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Lafayette
    Cant comment on the ppq but I have shot a vp9. Its a fine striker gun that melts into your hand... but I still prefer the p320 and shoot it better. Mines currently riding with a subcompact frame and a compact slide. Carries just as well as my g43 with twice the capacity. Becomes a compact in 2 minutes, can still use my 15 rd mags in the subcompact frame with the xgrip sleeves. The modularity makes the p320 irreplaceable imo.

Vendetta

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Lafayette
    Sig sale at Point Blank Friday thru Monday. No, I don't work there (anymore).

I love the P320. My only comment is make sure you like the trigger on YOUR P320. I found that they varied from gun to gun. Most were buttery smooth. But some had some jankiness to them.

Test it thoroughly.

As was already stated, the PPQ-M2 has a superb trigger.

I'm going to get a Sig this weekend too. Can't decide if I want a P229 Legion or a P225-A1 or a M11-A1.

Well went in there today ready to drop coin on a new Sig (or 2). The one Sig I would have laid cash for and walked out with they told me "wasnt part of the sale" and was priced AT MSRP. Good to know I dont need to come back.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Rural King in Martinsville has the P320c for $469.99 if I'm not mistaken. That's what the wife thought she saw when she was there, even though the RKGuns.com site says $499.99. Either way, that's not shabby.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    Well went in there today ready to drop coin on a new Sig (or 2). The one Sig I would have laid cash for and walked out with they told me "wasnt part of the sale" and was priced AT MSRP. Good to know I dont need to come back.

That is truly strange. Used to be ALL models of the sale line were on sale. Which model did you want?

Also, you could have gone to the 1500 and bought from ZX. Their every day price is usually as good as any sale price.

Vendetta

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Lafayette
    That is truly strange. Used to be ALL models of the sale line were on sale. Which model did you want?

Also, you could have gone to the 1500 and bought from ZX. Their every day price is usually as good as any sale price.

It was a p320rx in 9mm. I did go to the 1500 looking for a 1911 tacops and a p320rx. No dice. Zx had a 226 with a red dot that was tempting but Ill stick to my legion.

Sjachsvitra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    Crothersville
    You guys change the striker roll pin yet? I've done it twice. I did my recoil and striker springs this year, I have about 4-5k down the hole. Haven't touched the mag springs yet. They are on the list though.

I have not yet but I probably should have I have thought about grabbing a xds to go with my new edc

Cars0n

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2016
    Southport
    Went to Point Blank in Greenwood yesterday and fired several different samples. Other than the Legion 226, the P320 was again my favorite. The Legion is definitely not in the budget though. Need to find time to make it to Indy Arms to try the VP9, but I know I'd be happy with the P320 after several tries with it.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Went to Point Blank in Greenwood yesterday and fired several different samples. Other than the Legion 226, the P320 was again my favorite. The Legion is definitely not in the budget though. Need to find time to make it to Indy Arms to try the VP9, but I know I'd be happy with the P320 after several tries with it.

Sounds like the P320 is the winner :)

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Wife talked me into letting her get a P320C. She just brought it home and I have to say, it's a nice gun. Ergos are nice and the trigger is very crisp. We're heading to the range tomorrow and I'm looking forward to trying it out :yesway:

Magnum314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Not only will I NOT talk you out if it...I am hoping to join you with the compact version here soon as well! I did get to shoot one and am VERY impressed. Wouldn't say I am a particular fan boy of any particular brand...But have carried for 29 years and seem to have shot and carried everything at one time or another...And this is (at first blush) as good as any for me. And of course the fit and feel in the hand, and overall confidence in the weapon is somewhat subjective to me the shooter. But the fit and the finish is top of the line to be sure!

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I've had my P320 for 3 years. It is an earlier production example. Came with 3 mags (LEO early production, I suppose)..

My P320 assessment:

-- Mine needed several hundred rounds to be 100% reliable. When I first got it, I had several light primer strikes. After several more boxes and a thorough strip/clean, it was 100% and has been ever since, even with the same Freedom ammo that previously had lots of LPS.
    -- The ergonomics of the pistol are excellent. I prefer the Large frame after buying the larger size to try. I love the modularity and how it lets you choose size, config, and color of the frame.
    -- The trigger gets a bunch better with use, and even the stiffer ones loosen up and become pretty good. I think it invites jerking, but that's a shooter issue, imo.
    -- Mags are a little too expensive for a supposed mass-market pistol. $36 for a standard 17 or 15 round mag? Yes, I'm cheap. The 20-rounder is especially insulting on the price. Yeah, yeah, Springer Precision, yada yada. They are very good quality Mec-Gar mags, though.
    -- Accuracy seems pretty good. I don't notice any difference in my groups with it relative to what I'd shoot with a PPQ or P229 or G19. Of course, I'm not a very good shooter.

I like the P320 and think it's a great package! The best? Better than a P10C? Better than a PPQ? I'm not so sure.

Personally, I still consider the PPQ top of the heap, but when I get a chance to shoot a P10C, I'm expecting a change of mind.

Not sure why more PPQ fanboys aren't out there.

Oh, and high bore axis is THE most overrated "drawback" to a Sig design.

Top Bottom