Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 44 of 500 FirstFirst ... 34 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 54 94 144 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

I'm ready to get on the plane already. Work is SLOW this week.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by T-DOGG View Post
    I'm ready to get on the plane already. Work is SLOW this week.
    Have a good flight.
    RIP CPL Andrew Chris KIA 6/26/03 Till Valhalla

User Info Menu

I am actually against the union politics. I understand the need for union and appreciate them, were it not for the bullying that happens. Our b.a.'s openly brag about it. That and politics are shoved down our throats. .. jeesh there I go again.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger Time View Post
    Have a good flight.
    Thank you.

Any chance you'll be the one flying the plane I'll be on? Would certainly make the flight more interesting.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Usmccookie View Post
    I am actually against the union politics. I understand the need for union and appreciate them, were it not for the bullying that happens. Our b.a.'s openly brag about it. That and politics are shoved down our throats. .. jeesh there I go again.
    There was a time when they were needed and they were very helpful, but that is the problem with power - they took advantage of it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by T-DOGG View Post
    Thank you.

Any chance you'll be the one flying the plane I'll be on? Would certainly make the flight more interesting.
    Hahaha nope not me. That would take a lot more than what I currently have.

User Info Menu

agreed. They are still needed, but not in the way they are operating. They are a corporation. A bully. and a charity all in one. I see a lot of union workers slacking. I can not stand not putting in 100% into my work. If i work to my comfort level and potential, I get crapped on by my journeymen because they look bad. I get paid good money, I don't sleep well at night if I don't feel like I earned it. I get a literal almost nauseous feeling if I feel like I didn't earn my keep. A lot of these guys try to work as little as possible, just because they know they are protected by the union.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Usmccookie View Post
    agreed. They are still needed, but not in the way they are operating. They are a corporation. A bully. and a charity all in one. I see a lot of union workers slacking. I can not stand not putting in 100% into my work. If i work to my comfort level and potential, I get crapped on by my journeymen because they look bad. I get paid good money, I don't sleep well at night if I don't feel like I earned it. I get a literal almost nauseous feeling if I feel like I didn't earn my keep. A lot of these guys try to work as little as possible, just because they know they are protected by the union.
    Yes, they are still needed. I'm not anti-Union, so I hope that I didn't come across that way. I feel like I can understand how you feel in this situation. You want to take pride in your work and at the same time you don't want to be the bad guy that's doing all this great work and everyone dislikes you.
    I also appreciate your service to our country. We get to enjoy a nice Thanksgiving dinner at the end of the month and celebrate all that we have to be thankful for, and percentage-wise our freedom is the biggest piece of that pie! We are a very blessed nation!

User Info Menu

I admittedly don't know much about unions, but heard my dad complaining sometimes as a kid. He would be out of work for 2-3 weeks for a strike, which annoyed him to no end. I understand unions can be good, but I think for him it was a burden a lot of the time.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SarahG View Post
    I admittedly don't know much about unions, but heard my dad complaining sometimes as a kid. He would be out of work for 2-3 weeks for a strike, which annoyed him to no end. I understand unions can be good, but I think for him it was a burden a lot of the time.
    Yeah same for my dad. He was kinda high up in the auto workers unio back then. I have no idea the title now. But he was always complaining about this or that lol

Page 44 of 500 FirstFirst ... 34 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 54 94 144 ... LastLast