Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Sorry for being grumpy everyone, I'm really not looking forward to leaving my family for 5-6 days, flying makes me nervous as hell and this whole pistol case thing just didn't help me at all.

We are flying tomorrow 1st time for me in a few years. Several years actually. I have spent a lot of time in the air and away from family. Racing/work. I get it.
    I am not nervous at all. But if you do not hear from my or I do not return texts those of you that know where I live come see my daughter.....:):

Just saying

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    We are flying tomorrow 1st time for me in a few years. Several years actually. I have spent a lot of time in the air and away from family. Racing/work. I get it.
    I am not nervous at all. But if you do not hear from my or I do not return texts those of you that know where I live come see my daughter.....:):

Just saying

Ill go over and tell her I'm here to pick up the guns you were holding for me. :laugh:

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down

Just saying

Maybe you should pm the combination for your safe. You know, so I can distribute the legacy pieces. Dad.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

Just saying

Have a safe trip amigo... :yesway:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Thanks guys, I just struggle with working out the logistics of things like this. If my company would have just paid for a damn car rental, this would alleviate most of the issues for me.
    The longest I've been away from my family is like a few days.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven

Just saying
    Totally forgot about this. Have a very safe trip sir.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    Thanks guys, I just struggle with working out the logistics of things like this. If my company would have just paid for a damn car rental, this would alleviate most of the issues for me.

My longest recent trip was 12 days across the pond. Face time at bed time helps.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Rent a car for the last day. Problem solved.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Sorry to hear that. You'll get it sorted out. I've been thinking about the case club 5 gun cases, too.

Now you've got me interested in these... I'll have to check them out. I usually use these midwayUSA bags along with my MidwayUSA range bag (I buy them when they are on sale, and actually need another currently)
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/160870/midwayusa-tactical-pistol-case

Haven't used a hard case in quite some time, but might have to look at these. I normally take 3 handguns to the range when I go.

Is this where we talk about M&P's?

...or Sig MPX's??

M&P's ... I'm in.

Just saying

Safe travels.
    I'm no fan of travel for work (have to do it a few times a year), or air travel (on someone else's schedule, etc)

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    Now you've got me interested in these... I'll have to check them out. I usually use these midwayUSA bags along with my MidwayUSA range bag (I buy them when they are on sale, and actually need another currently)
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/160870/midwayusa-tactical-pistol-case

Haven't used a hard case in quite some time, but might have to look at these. I normally take 3 handguns to the range when I go.

M&P's ... I'm in.

Safe travels.
    I'm no fan of travel for work (have to do it a few times a year), or air travel (on someone else's schedule, etc)

I use the Midway competition bag and stuff it to the gills.

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    T-DOGG, I hope your trip goes well. I also hate flying, but have flown quite a few times. Thankfully it's been about 4 years since I've been on a plane. I think part of my hatred for it is getting anxious that something will go wrong and I'll miss my flight or connection - I was stranded in O'Hare for 8 hours on Christmas Day one year, so it's kind of influenced my negative opinion.

Hopefully it'll be a simple flight for you without any hangups. :yesway:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Rent a car for the last day. Problem solved.
    Not sure it's worth it for 5-6 hours. I was suggested Uber instead of cabs. I hate relying on other people for stuff like this. I'm really backwards when it comes to things that seem so normal to everyone else. Sheltered childhood I guess.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    T-DOGG, I hope your trip goes well. I also hate flying, but have flown quite a few times. Thankfully it's been about 4 years since I've been on a plane. I think part of my hatred for it is getting anxious that something will go wrong and I'll miss my flight or connection - I was stranded in O'Hare for 8 hours on Christmas Day one year, so it's kind of influenced my negative opinion.

Thank you for the kind words. Thankfully this is a direct flight from Ft. Wayne to Dallas/Ft.Worth.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Not sure it's worth it for 5-6 hours. I was suggested Uber instead of cabs. I hate relying on other people for stuff like this. I'm really backwards when it comes to things that seem so normal to everyone else. Sheltered childhood I guess.

I'm the same way. I'm a good bit older than you, and just did the Uber/Lyft thing on my last work trip several times. Had never done it before that trip. Worked out pretty well.

I have yet to fly with a checked firearm though. Just haven't had the occasion to do so, really. I know lots of folks here do it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I have slept in an airport before. Lay over between connections and I snoozed off in the chair. You would think some caring soul would have woke me as I have done this a few times for other weary travelers. But no. **** heads left me sleep. I woke half an hour after the plane went wheels up. And they refused to come back and get me....:):

Had to make another connection the next morning. That trip sucked.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    Sorry for being grumpy everyone, I'm really not looking forward to leaving my family for 5-6 days, flying makes me nervous as hell and this whole pistol case thing just didn't help me at all.

Back in the 80’s I was traveling over 150 days a year, flying about 200 hours a year....I miss flying..:cool:

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    You're just outside of your comfort zone.
    You can either put the pistol case inside big luggage, the duffle bag big enough to put a body in, or tell coworkers the locked case is for your lap top. You've got this, just might have to improvise a little. :yesway:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom