Not open for further replies.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Geez...I post up some photos and get the thread closed.

1. I know! Enjoyed them especially since I've been there with you and hope we'll get another time next summer! :thumbsup:
    2. I had responses I wanted to give to a discussion going on that got some comments.
    3. I don't know whether it is OK to copy and past it over here, but I better not. I haven't been in trouble lately, so I don't want CM to remember how much grief I used to cause him. :dunno:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    So the #1 old guy sends you in the right direction and you blow him off.....:dunno:

Darned kids.

You know how these young pups are....they have to do it on their own and pay the price...

Sorry to hear that. You'll get it sorted out. I've been thinking about the case club 5 gun cases, too.
    I'd still like to get one of the 5 - pistol Case Club gun cases someday. They look really nice and I think they would be very useful at the range.

There is a part of this trip that is a little tricky and I didn't mention it before. Yes I can take a large pistol case on the plane as check-in, so yes that 5-pistol case would have worked for that, but where I'm going for training is another thing. On the last day of training, I have to check out from my hotel room and take my luggage with me to training because class ends at noon that day. My company is not paying for a car rental on this trip (we have to use Uber/Cabs and a shuttle), so I can't leave things in a car. I have to take luggage into the training facility. Things that don't look like normal luggage, hint hint a 30lb big a$$ pistol case full of 4 handguns and ammo, are going to raise questions. I realized tonight the case I bought is still too big and heavy by the time I put guns and ammo in it. I truly need something smaller/lighter and more discreet (that can fit inside something else, wink wink). Sorry for the long drawn out story here but I wanted to explain.

So that with that being said, I've spend way too much time and energy trying to get things together for a range trip while in Texas. It's just gotten to be more complicated than what I'm comfortable with. So I'll just sit in the damn airport for 5-6 hours instead.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Sorry for being grumpy everyone, I'm really not looking forward to leaving my family for 5-6 days, flying makes me nervous as hell and this whole pistol case thing just didn't help me at all.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    Sorry for being grumpy everyone, I'm really not looking forward to leaving my family for 5-6 days, flying makes me nervous as hell and this whole pistol case thing just didn't help me at all.

Work travel sucks. I once spent a year traveling 50% of the time. One week at our plant, one week at our plant in Pittsburgh. Repeat. With a pregnant wife and a 3 year old son. Safe travels.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I truly have CZickness.

Welcome!

Still looking around for the right one.

Wrigley in FW has one but don't recall if safety or decocker.

Flying is easy...its those unintended intersections with the ground that's rough. Well, that and the TSA agents.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom