Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

The fun would have to be awefully dirty to not feed from a fully topped off magazine. Even my 1911's shooting single stack in USPSA run that way all the time with zero issues and if it's one thing I have learned from the internet is that my 1911's should be jamming no less than every other shot
    Quote Originally Posted by MCgrease08 View Post
    Dude, from what I can tell from your photos, you don't do anything bargin bin.

User Info Menu

+1

That's what manufacturers advertise.
    Ryan "ElDirector"

User Info Menu

1911s - full mag +1 with an extra full mag.

Glock - full mag + 1 but my spare mag is downloaded by 1. I loaded the gun and popped in a full magazine. The now downloaded mag goes in the mag pouch. Did this because I found full Glock mags hard to seat. But in full disclosure I don’t carry Glocks anymore.
    "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side kid." - Han Solo

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by VUPDblue View Post
    I’ve always run full capacity plus 1. Never an issue.

Same here
    "Courage is Being Scared to Death, but Saddling up Anyway" - John Wayne

User Info Menu

You had me at "LGS Employees".

Full + 1 = Handguns
    Full w/empty chamber = Long Guns
    Quote Originally Posted by Nehemiah View Post
    "Don't be afraid of the enemy! Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your brothers, your sons, your daughters, your wives, and your homes!" - Jerusalem 445 BC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    "If you don't have a gun, sell your coat and buy one." - Jerusalem April 14th, 30 AD - Thursday, 11:38pm IST
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenway View Post
    INGO SUCKS.....

User Info Menu

I've always put in a full mag, rack, and go. With my Shield, it seems like it takes a lot of force to seat a full mag in the gun when the slide isn't open.
    Although I've done +1 at the range a few times and the gun hasn't ever jammed.
    No matter how cynical you become, it's never enough to keep up.

Hop

User Info Menu

Barney up!

User Info Menu

Full mag +1.
    It's ok! I'm an INGO member!

Todd Young (R-IN)
    https://www.young.senate.gov/contact

Mike Braun (R-IN)
    https://www.braun.senate.gov/contact-mike

Find your U.S. Rep
    http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/

/l ,[____],
    l---L -OlllllllO-
    ()_)-()_)-o-)_)

User Info Menu

+1 like it’s supposed to be done in all sidearms they do not have the extra capacity to give up a round.

AR mags I usually download to 28 rounds to help with seating in a panic situation.

I have found that some people will invent issues and often regurgitate bad information in order to sound knowledgeable. The affected people with what I call the “Third a$&hole syndrome” seem to gather at LGS and ranges? The “gadget guy” is a close relative they will explain that your gear is completely outdated and that need to update immediately. That leads us to the “specification” guy that can tell you all about what twist of barrel that works the best ect. Blah blah blah!

I generally go with if it sounds stupid it probably is!
    Don’t overthink the situation get a good sight picture and squeeze the trigger or press it or what ever is the latest term.
    U.S. Army retired

User Info Menu

Has anybody posted full mag +1? Smaller caliber semis can have issues feeding full mag +1. I know the Taurus PT-22 (a BUG's BUG, I know) won't feed full mag +1. Not topped off it runs fine. Seems like I heard the same thing about the PPK-S.
    INGOer #25,448

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast