Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

User Info Menu

.357 sig has all the right credentials on paper. I would totally carry it if I could afford to shoot it.

And if I could source a .357 barrel for a .40 cal CZ P-07.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KWIndy View Post
    I see 357 Sig as being in that space with .40 -why not just go .45 or 10mm ?
    357 Mag is an different story though.
    Why not? Package size. the larger frames just don't carry as well. Compare the G20/21 Glocks to the 17/22/31 size. Even in SF form, the bigger glocks are HUGE in comparison.

I transitioned to 9mm so I could afford to practice and have a better-carrying gun.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hohn View Post
    Why not? Package size. the larger frames just don't carry as well. Compare the G20/21 Glocks to the 17/22/31 size. Even in SF form, the bigger glocks are HUGE in comparison.

I transitioned to 9mm so I could afford to practice and have a better-carrying gun.
    The glock 32 is a good shooting 357sig as well. Ammo is not that expensive if you're willing to shop online. You won't find it cheap in stores generally, but by the case it's not much more than 9mm.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tactically Fat View Post
    One of my brothers-in-law is a recently retired Federal Air Marshall. They were issued, carried, and trained with Sig pistols (either the 229 or 239) chambered in .357 Sig. I think it's the 125gr Speer Gold Dots. They would shoot thousands of rounds of it per year for training. Thousands. And they were allotted a certain # of rounds for on-your-own training as well.

Rightly or wrongly, some of this on-your-own ammo made its way from ^ that guy to his brother - a current chief of police in a small Ohio town. And while that proverbial gravy train was chugging, this other brother-in-law of mine put a conversion barrel into his G22 and was carrying .357 Sig in his duty rig.

BUT - the former brother retired and the gravy train stopped. So the other brother put his G22 barrel back into his G22 and is now rocking with a G17. 9mm, of course, due to ammo costs.

I don't have much trigger time with the round - but I think it's pretty neat. And I think that a small PCC shooting it would be pretty neat.
    Make friends with a pilot who is an FFDO, they get on your own .40 for their HKís every couple of months. Iíll probably get something in .357 Sig when all the Fed trade ins hit the streets. Just to have it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ggreen View Post
    The glock 32 is a good shooting 357sig as well. Ammo is not that expensive if you're willing to shop online. You won't find it cheap in stores generally, but by the case it's not much more than 9mm.
    We just had a Sportsman's Warehouse open in Fort Wayne and they have .357SIG ammo for the same or cheaper than 9mm and/or .40 S&W.
    Double Tap Ammo makes a nice PD round in 147 grain...
    Buffalo Bore and CorBon also make some pretty hot stuff!
    I do like the velocity that some of the lighter 115 grain JHP's allow for...
    And I've found that it's an accurate caliber as well!
    Stupid should hurt!!! ~ Amishman44

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilant View Post
    Make friends with a pilot who is an FFDO, they get on your own .40 for their HKís every couple of months. Iíll probably get something in .357 Sig when all the Fed trade ins hit the streets. Just to have it.
    Oooh I hadn't thought about trade ins...
    If I can find a 357 barrel for my p320, I would give it a go. I would rather source it locally though.

Plinker

User Info Menu

There was a nice SP2022 setup in .40 that came with a 357 barrel in the classifieds, shows sold now though.
    The SP2022's in .40 are pretty easy and economical to find in .40, then it's just the cost of the barrel. I like the DA / SA platform so that would be an easy way to get into two calibers that I am currently not.

User Info Menu

I got the 357 Sig barrels for my P229 and P239 that were in .40.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    I got the 357 Sig barrels for my P229 and P239 that were in .40.
    So, was it "money well spent" or just "meh, could live with out them?"
    Stamp collecting is fun!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by STFU View Post
    So, was it "money well spent" or just "meh, could live with out them?"
    I have the 357 Sig barrels in both and never went back to the .40 in them. I do carry the P239 sometimes. I feel marginally happier carrying it over a 9mm...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast