.357 SIG...any one carry or shoot much anymore?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn

KWIndy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2019
    IN
    I have never heard of them either but with free shipping they are competative with a couple of the other sites I use for sure.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I always wanted a 229 in .357 Sig. To my knowledge it was the first and only gun specifically designed to withstand sustained .357 sig usage.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I've never heard of Target Sports USA...thanks for the heads-up...I scrolled through many of their selections and will probably be using them in the future!
    Buy all the 50 round boxes of LE ammo you find at a decent price, Federal and Speer are cracking down on dealers that sell the LE boxes to folks without letterhead or a badge. They need their $24-26/20 rounds from the general public.

Mustang1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2015
    Westfield
    357Sig is similar to 10mm in the fact that it was designed for "full power" loads not the watered down anemic loads which are usually what manufactures load their ammo for. 357Sig was designed to replicate 357 magnum velocities and energy from a 124/125 grain bullet in a semi auto firearms for higher capacity magazines versus a revolver.

I don't have a 357Sig yet, kind of wanted to wait until I started reloading to get into another caliber as I've had other things here recently that I've wanted more. However since I have several 40S&W Glocks it would be easy to just get a 357Sig barrel and swap it in and out as needed. IMO, 357Sig has it's advantages when loaded to "full power" specs, mainly muzzle energy, however most people aren't concerned with that these days (but that's an argument for another day).

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    -snip-
    IMO, 357Sig has it's advantages when loaded to "full power" specs, mainly muzzle energy, however most people aren't concerned with that these days (but that's an argument for another day).

You also may find that you shoot the .357 Sig a little more accurately.
    I do, but don't fully understand why this is true.

Top Bottom