Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Unhappy Best 1911 under $600

I don't want to hear about any 1911 above $600. It has to be a government .45 ACP. I have 1911's done by major gunsmiths not simi-custon productions. I know about high dollar 1911's but not lower cost 1911's.
    Last edited by warren5421; 5 Days Ago at 21:32. Reason: spelling
    Battle of Belleau Wood, The Battle of Iwo Jima, Battle of Chosin Reservor,Tet Offensive!

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Not being a smart guy but more curious as to what comes.
    The RIA's I have seen of late are not all that bad compared to what they were a few years ago.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

I got a Thompson Auto Ordnance A1 government series 80 45acp at Point Blank a couple weeks ago for $409. It went straight back to the factory for fit and finish issues, under warranty. It will have a new slide fitted and might be a good shooter. I'll see what $409 gets me when it comes back. The barrel bushing was really tight, which is good. The slide fit was a little loose and the lugs were fitted by a 12 year old with a grinder, but lockup was good.
    I'm gonna, riiiide 'till I can't no more.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

rhino is unclear on the purpose or intent of this topic.

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

Expert

User Info Menu

The best 1911 under $600 will be used/pre-owned.

User Info Menu

Oh no. Someone invoked the 3rd person Rhino.

User Info Menu

Honestly taurus. Mine was rock solid, the guys in the local club are all happy. Remington is apparently a good value. Springfield is you can find an ro for 400ish and put another 3 or 4 or 900 into a visit at the body shop.

User Info Menu

You can get the Springfield defender series for under $500. Close thread.

User Info Menu

I have a buddy that just bought a brand new RIA Tactical 2 from Rural King for $560 otd. It has a full length dust cover with a rail, descent front f.o. sights, fixed rear sights, magwell & ambi safety. Im not sure theyre VZ grips but very similar. I was quite skeptical and even told him to save a few more pennies and find a used SA, Ruger or maybe even a Kimber but he insisted and it was his cash so..
    Have to say I was suprised. The slide was kinda tight, not WC or LB tight but close to SA tight. The bushing was tight. Trigger kinda sucked but for under $600 what do you expect but it might smooth out after 500 or so rounds. He ran a couple boxes of 230gr fmj thru it without any ftf or fte issues and he kept most of them on a 4" target at 7yds. Really suprised because its only his 2nd handgun. Looks like he got a descent economy 1911. I'd still save a few more pennies for a used SA but if you didnt want to you might want to check one out.

Last edited by bcannon; 5 Days Ago at 09:19. Reason: elaborated a bit more

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast