Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 68
  1. #41
    Grandmaster Denny347's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Yup! View Post
    The Left is screaming for more background checks. I know most of us here disagree with a background check, but since we do it for a LTCH or a Stamp, why not cave into their wish, and offer our conditions to acceptance.

    Once you pass a background check, you're deemed 'safe' so therefore there should be no more GFZ and national reciprocity.

    So I'll submit to a background check if I can carry on an airplane.
    Looks like it's the right pushing the background checks, Trump is spearheading it. Since he likes it, so does the rest of the GOP.

    https://fox59.com/2019/08/08/mcconne...ground-checks/
    On the other side of fear lies freedom.

  2. #42
    Master hopper68's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    ​Background checks are no big deal, they just need to be more thorough. You will just need to fill out a form and send it in to the ATF and wait 6 months.

  3. #43
    Grandmaster DoggyDaddy's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Denny347 View Post
    Looks like it's the right pushing the background checks, Trump is spearheading it. Since he likes it, so does the rest of the GOP.

    https://fox59.com/2019/08/08/mcconne...ground-checks/
    I don't think they're "pushing" it so much as offering it up as a bargaining chip against registration and confiscation. And I'm all for releasing juvenile criminal records, and the records of those "adjudicated" (through due process - not just because you've been prescribed anti-depressants or something) mentally ill to the NICS system.

  4. #44
    Grandmaster MCgrease08's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by DoggyDaddy View Post
    I don't think they're "pushing" it so much as offering it up as a bargaining chip against registration and confiscation. And I'm all for releasing juvenile criminal records, and the records of those "adjudicated" (through due process - not just because you've been prescribed anti-depressants or something) mentally ill to the NICS system.
    If Republicans had any backbone at all they would tell gun grabbers to **** right the hell off and focus on strengthening families and teaching boys how to be men. Instead we get bull**** like this from Mitch McConnell,

    The Republican leader has been under pressure to call senators back to Washington from their summer recess to work on gun measures. He rejected that idea, saying it would just lead to senators “scoring points and nothing would happen.”

    Instead he wants to spend the August recess talking with Democratic and Republican senators to see what’s possible.

    “What we can’t do is fail to pass something,” McConnell said. “What I want to see here is an outcome.”
    Well the sheriff couldn't catch me now, but his little girl? Sure wish she would.

  5. #45
    Master d.kaufman's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by MCgrease08 View Post
    If Republicans had any backbone at all they would tell gun grabbers to **** right the hell off and focus on strengthening families and teaching boys how to be men. Instead we get bull**** like this from Mitch McConnell,
    Rep inbound

  6. #46
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Dosproduction View Post
    Also so where clear I want constitutional carry and you shouldent be free if you can't be trusted with a weapon. But I'm trying to think of a practical way to get rid of the backdoor registration we have and appease the unappeasable Dems.
    Do not appease the dems even if they were appeasable.

  7. #47
    Plinker Injess's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Yup! View Post
    The Left is screaming for more background checks. I know most of us here disagree with a background check, but since we do it for a LTCH or a Stamp, why not cave into their wish, and offer our conditions to acceptance.

    Once you pass a background check, you're deemed 'safe' so therefore there should be no more GFZ and national reciprocity.

    So I'll submit to a background check if I can carry on an airplane.

    Reminds of the old saying "give an inch, take a mile". The current gun laws are as sensible as they ever will be, and in some cases I feel they're overreaching as it is. I don't think being allowed to carry on a plane is a good idea either. I've seen how other people at the range shoot. I'll take my chances with my hands against a box cutter even though box cutters are no longer allowed. I say no more backwards steps, half measures or compromises. I've already seen headlines about the Dayton Ohio shooting, and how the shooter used a "legal loophole". I guess they're complaining about how a pistol brace circumvents the short barreled rifle laws. I guess they don't understand you typically have to be older, 21, to buy a pistol, and the shorter barrel lowers the velocity of the round, granted when talking about a round that travels avg 3,000 fps, 2,400 doesn't really mean a whole lot. Its still the same old story of them going after the tools and accessories rather than the real cause.


    Ok, I'm done venting my frustration... for now.

  8. #48
    Grandmaster actaeon277's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    "Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem."

    “We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.” -Plato

    "A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs." Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

    If you're a noob, develop thick skin, and read the FAQs


  9. #49
    Grandmaster DoggyDaddy's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by MCgrease08 View Post
    If Republicans had any backbone at all they would tell gun grabbers to **** right the hell off and focus on strengthening families and teaching boys how to be men. Instead we get bull**** like this from Mitch McConnell,
    I can't disagree with this. Unfortunately I don't know that you can legislate strengthening families and teaching boys how to be men. I'm afraid that ship sailed when they made it more profitable to have kids out of wedlock and not have a two parent household.

  10. #50
    Grandmaster eldirector's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by DoggyDaddy View Post
    I can't disagree with this. Unfortunately I don't know that you can legislate strengthening families and teaching boys how to be men. I'm afraid that ship sailed when they made it more profitable to have kids out of wedlock and not have a two parent household.
    Well, that would be a start. Stop rewarding otherwise poor choices.

    Several things could be done with the tax code and how "benefits" are calculated and disbursed, that could tip the scale towards strong nuclear families, or even towards two-parent / single-income families. Today, millions of people intentionally do not marry, and intentionally have "one more kid", and intentionally game the system. Heck, I know someone personally who turned down a raise/promotion at work because it would have reduced their SNAP benefit. How screwed up is that?!? **

    I am not a tax law person... but I suspect would could have a lower rate or give a credit for low income married couples (or single-income married couples) that would exceed the rate/credit they would get if single. Make it "sticky" by crediting across years (get married and stay married, get even better credits). Encourage folks to rise out of poverty, by extending credits for moving up. Reward single-earner families for going up a bracket, by giving them a huge multi-year credit (lift yourself out of poverty, and you pay no income tax for a couple of years. Maybe still get some % of your previous poverty benefits).

    If the above is a carrot, the "stick" is "no free lunch", at least from the State (charities can do as they wish, of course). Want SNAP? You can help unload the grocery truck that morning. Want your "free" cell phone? Keep your side of the block litter and weed free. There are thousands of "jobs" that could completely transform a city. Those jobs can lead to work experience, which can lead to real employment.

    All this would requires us to change attitudes. We have to actually want to HELP people rise up, not just make it easy to be poor.

    **Interesting enough, they ended up unemployed. They were offered a promotion because the current position was going to be eliminated by a new piece of equipment. They hired someone else into the new/better position to run said equipment, and cut her a few weeks later. At least she still had SNAP....

    Ryan "ElDirector"


Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Button Dodge