Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kdf101 View Post
    Not saying they are, just saying that if “felons shouldn’t have guns”, then how do you do that without checking?
    Keep them in prison until they are deemed safe to resume their rights.

Ditch mandatory minimums that clog prisons with non-violence so we have room for Theo we who can’t be trusted to be free
    Last edited by Lex Concord; 08-09-2019 at 22:34.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin Franklin
    Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tench Coxe
    Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American ... the unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Blakstone
    It is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer.

User Info Menu

double tap
    Last edited by Lex Concord; 08-09-2019 at 22:33. Reason: Correcting autocorrect
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin Franklin
    Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tench Coxe
    Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American ... the unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Blakstone
    It is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Concord View Post
    Keep them in prison until they are deemed safe to resume their rights.

Ditch mandatory minimums that clog prisons with non-violence so we have room for Theo we who can’t be trusted to be free
    Right on point.

Why on earth would ANYONE support someone being allowed on the streets who has been deemed to be a significant threat to themselves or others?
    And adding to that, even if police confiscate their guns, what happens when they just dig up a gun they buried before all of this happened. The police will never find it when serving a warrant like this, and now they've just made this "dangerous" person very angry and likely to target the person who told the police to go after them.
    "Fiat justitia ruat caelum" - Trey Gowdy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Yup! View Post
    The Left is screaming for more background checks. I know most of us here disagree with a background check, but since we do it for a LTCH or a Stamp, why not cave into their wish, and offer our conditions to acceptance.

Once you pass a background check, you're deemed 'safe' so therefore there should be no more GFZ and national reciprocity.

So I'll submit to a background check if I can carry on an airplane.
    Why not cave into their wish? Because it’s more fun to tell them to kiss my...

I’m not willing to cave in to nonsense. Background checks are a solution for a different problem. The problem anti-gun zealots are trying to solve is that there aren’t enough restrictions on firearms. It doesn’t matter that the restrictions are ineffective to stop violence. It matters that they restrict firearm ownership. If they were interested in solving the violence they’d look for for the actual cause.
    -spreading the word to end the r-word is retarded
    -activism is retarded because, what if you’re full of ****?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jamil View Post
    Why not cave into their wish? Because it’s more fun to tell them to kiss my...

I’m not willing to cave in to nonsense. Background checks are a solution for a different problem. The problem anti-gun zealots are trying to solve is that there aren’t enough restrictions on firearms. It doesn’t matter that the restrictions are ineffective to stop violence. It matters that they restrict firearm ownership. If they were interested in solving the violence they’d look for for the actual cause.
    This.

The operative word in "Gun Control" is CONTROL.

I would argue that not a single politician wants to actually stop the violence. They benefit TOO MUCH from it. On both sides of the isle. If they wanted to solve the problem, they would. I have not yet seen a single piece of legislation that makes any attempt, at all, to address a root cause.
    Ryan "ElDirector"

ljk
    Expert

User Info Menu

Guns provide the protection to the People from The Government. The threat of Tyrannical government today is as bad as, if not worse than 200+ years ago.

Democrats want to have big government to control people. Gun Control is people control and it's Democrats' major political agenda. And it's a fact, every time there's a mass shooting, it pushes an inch forward on the control agenda.

12 mass shootings, they got a foot.

There will be more mass shootings, because the Democrats know it works in their favor, they have no intention to stop it.

Universal Background Check is a De Facto Registration. Confiscation is the result of Registration.

And the violence will NOT stop at Confiscation, there will be more violence even with all the guns were wiped out out. Just look at London, Eng.

As for the mental health issue.

#1. What makes you a mentally ill? There isn't a clean cut line medically to determent someone is mentally ill, it's a Spectrum, there is no scan, or blood test or a measurement you can take, it's all subjective.

There are 330 million people in this country, everyone of them could be a gun owner, w

#2. Who determent someone is mentally ill? there are 330 million people in this country, every one of them could be a gun owner. Tell me how do you have them all evaluated.

NoMo new guns, Mo Ammo.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Maybe when they agree to background checks on voters it will be time to actually talk. As it is now they support the "right" of non citizens to vote so screw em. No background checks will prevent stupidity and lunatic behavior. Allowing illegals to vote is more criminal in any case and the left seems to think its a racist thing to require ID. We should be claiming its racist to demand background checks.

Frank
    When seconds count help is only minutes away.....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by amafrank View Post
    Maybe when they agree to background checks on voters it will be time to actually talk. As it is now they support the "right" of non citizens to vote so screw em. No background checks will prevent stupidity and lunatic behavior. Allowing illegals to vote is more criminal in any case and the left seems to think its a racist thing to require ID. We should be claiming its racist to demand background checks.

Frank

When people roll their eyes about voting, saying voting doesn't kill, point out voting determines government action, and governments can kill people wholesale.
    "Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem."

“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.” -Plato

"A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs." Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

If you're a noob, develop thick skin, and read the FAQs

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by actaeon277 View Post
    When people roll their eyes about voting, saying voting doesn't kill, point out voting determines government action, and governments can kill people wholesale.
    When they roll their eyes, I’d say if voting doesn’t kill then how can Trump voters have blood on their hands. You can’t have it both ways.
    -spreading the word to end the r-word is retarded
    -activism is retarded because, what if you’re full of ****?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jamil View Post
    When they roll their eyes, I’d say if voting doesn’t kill then how can Trump voters have blood on their hands. You can’t have it both ways.
    They fail to recognize hypocrisy.

"Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem."

“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.” -Plato

"A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs." Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

If you're a noob, develop thick skin, and read the FAQs

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast