Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Expert

User Info Menu

Background Checks to Eliminate GFZs

The Left is screaming for more background checks. I know most of us here disagree with a background check, but since we do it for a LTCH or a Stamp, why not cave into their wish, and offer our conditions to acceptance.

Once you pass a background check, you're deemed 'safe' so therefore there should be no more GFZ and national reciprocity.

So I'll submit to a background check if I can carry on an airplane.

User Info Menu

How often are we going to do checks? What happens when a person who passed a check catches a felony?

Also we already go through background checks when we buy through gun stores.
    WTS/WTT 9mm and 308 win reload dies.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Yup! View Post
    The Left is screaming for more background checks. I know most of us here disagree with a background check, but since we do it for a LTCH or a Stamp, why not cave into their wish, and offer our conditions to acceptance.

Once you pass a background check, you're deemed 'safe' so therefore there should be no more GFZ and national reciprocity.

So I'll submit to a background check if I can carry on an airplane.

CCW overriding most gun free zones is a good idea, but I wouldn't look for full override of things like courthouses etc. National reciprocity has issues with future 2A unfriendly admins being able to tighten the screws on all of us despite how gun friendly our home states wish to be. Carrying on an airplane almost certainly will never happen. While the danger of a bullet hole triggering explosive decompression have been somewhat debunked, there are plenty of systems and their wiring harnesses running everywhere in an aircraft and most of them you don't want holes in. Air martials receive a great deal of training about when and where to shoot, as do armed flight crew and both have qualifying standards
    You may not be interested in war, but war is interested in you

Plinker

User Info Menu

I don’t know if I disagree with background checks or not. I have thought about it and am on the fence. Most agree that certain people should not have guns. How do you do that without a background check? I ask my self if other constitutional rights require “vetting” and think that some do, I have to show ID to vote, and rallies require a permit in many places, so there is some precedent. My major issue with them is that every time the issue comes up, it seems to be attached to gun registration. If a background check is on the person, why does the gun have to be involved in the process at all? Why can’t it just be a yes or no to being able to buy a gun?

User Info Menu

Rights are not negotiable.
    "Do not overthink it, gentlemen. It's only a gunfight, not an IRS tax audit." - Louis Awerbuck

Plinker

User Info Menu

Not saying they are, just saying that if “felons shouldn’t have guns”, then how do you do that without checking?

ljk
    Expert

User Info Menu

Keep the Gun Free Zone.

Eliminate armed police/security details for Senators, Congress, Judges, Governors, etc.

Reallocate the police force to schools.
    NoMo new guns, Mo Ammo.

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ljk View Post
    Keep the Gun Free Zone.

Eliminate armed police/security details for Senators, Congress, Judges, Governors, etc.

Reallocate the police force to schools.
    Now we are getting somewhere.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

Expert

User Info Menu

I got a Idea. Lets make it so every 21 year old gets a automatic background check and on there license it says wether they can carry or buy guns. Instead of background checks on each person each time they buy. Also make it a felony or something if you get caught with a ID that allows you to carry or buy when you are not supposed to. Also at any time you lose your right because you have done some felony type of crime the cops are required to switch your ID at that point. This makes it so NO one knows who has applied for CC and no one knows who owns what guns. And it is now universal background checks Actual universal since it is done on all. Since we are selling this as universal background checks we should add some perks for our side. Full autos are legal to manufacture for civilians again and all other stupid gun laws are romved like all the NFA stuff. My only concern is who decides what is worthy of losing your rights? A added benifit to this is you can have universal IDs for voting purposes. Have straight constitutional carry is best but where fighting up hill. Also this adds National reciprocity.

User Info Menu

Why 21 and not 18?
    WTS/WTT 9mm and 308 win reload dies.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast