Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

User Info Menu

Glad I could help.
    "Hold on to your lug nuts, its time for an overhaul".

I'm SOMEBODY, Recognize ME! Caleb's Avatar

User Info Menu

I've owned a couple k31's...none of them were that bad

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by majew View Post
    I was in BGF today and they one of these rifles in stock, it looks like a fun rifle, they wanted $350 for it, whats the price range on these rifles?
    uh...I paid $180 for my first one, $220 for my second....just for a reference

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Caleb View Post
    uh...I paid $180 for my first one, $220 for my second....just for a reference
    They've gone up lately (like everything else). I looked at the one at BGF this mornng and the bore and all the metal really was in good shape, but the stock was a little rough, and had a large crack in the butt (butt crack - Ha!) that someone had tried to repair with 2 screws, so I passed. Just ordered one from Samco Global for $289.95 (shipping cost to be determined).

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DoggyDaddy View Post
    They've gone up lately (like everything else). I looked at the one at BGF this mornng and the bore and all the metal really was in good shape, but the stock was a little rough, and had a large crack in the butt (butt crack - Ha!) that someone had tried to repair with 2 screws, so I passed. Just ordered one from Samco Global for $289.95 (shipping cost to be determined).
    Wow....really?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Caleb View Post
    Wow....really?
    Wow really what? Did I really order one or did the one at BGF have a cracked stock that was repaired with screws? I guess it doesn't matter since the answer to both is "Yes".

User Info Menu

I paid $90 for mine in 2002 when AIM ran a special on them. Now that Samco is the only game in town besides the occasional random seller, I don't see why Doggy Daddy's order of one should need a "Wow"?
    These are finely crafted rifles, usually well maintained by the Swiss citizens they were issued to, and an uncommon straight-pull action.
    A good, accurate .30 caliber center-fire for $300 is hard to beat.

User Info Menu

got the temporary shims put in place and took some pics. going to get 3 magazines tomorrow from the previous owner and I will have to clean the fire and water damage off of them. Next week I will order a bayonet and probably get the materials to do the glass bedding too.

sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

User Info Menu

Is that a crack I see?

User Info Menu

What a difference..........

Les

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast