• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I was in BGF today and they one of these rifles in stock, it looks like a fun rifle, they wanted $350 for it, whats the price range on these rifles?

uh...I paid $180 for my first one, $220 for my second....just for a reference

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    uh...I paid $180 for my first one, $220 for my second....just for a reference
    They've gone up lately (like everything else). I looked at the one at BGF this mornng and the bore and all the metal really was in good shape, but the stock was a little rough, and had a large crack in the butt (butt crack - Ha!) that someone had tried to repair with 2 screws, so I passed. Just ordered one from Samco Global for $289.95 (shipping cost to be determined). :)

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    They've gone up lately (like everything else). I looked at the one at BGF this mornng and the bore and all the metal really was in good shape, but the stock was a little rough, and had a large crack in the butt (butt crack - Ha!) that someone had tried to repair with 2 screws, so I passed. Just ordered one from Samco Global for $289.95 (shipping cost to be determined). :)

Wow....really?

mkgr22

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2010
    Starlight, IN
    I paid $90 for mine in 2002 when AIM ran a special on them. Now that Samco is the only game in town besides the occasional random seller, I don't see why Doggy Daddy's order of one should need a "Wow"?
    These are finely crafted rifles, usually well maintained by the Swiss citizens they were issued to, and an uncommon straight-pull action.
    A good, accurate .30 caliber center-fire for $300 is hard to beat.

RabbleRouser

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    Mishawaka
    got the temporary shims put in place and took some pics. going to get 3 magazines tomorrow from the previous owner and I will have to clean the fire and water damage off of them. Next week I will order a bayonet and probably get the materials to do the glass bedding too.

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    8f39fa00-4d83-4be7-b1f5-e3c55c316e9d_zpsc978d374.jpg

Is that a crack I see?

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    Wow, beautiful work on that poor old rifle. I wish I could find one like that for a special project. I don't want to bugger up a good one, that is for sure. Or really would like to find one of the older K11's converted to 308 and bubba'd up so I wouldn't feel bad about it.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN

Everytime one of these comes up I get interested in getting a k31. When you get yours from Samco could you please post some pictures? I think one would compliment my numbers matching 1940 K98K very well.

Thanks, Jon

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Everytime one of these comes up I get interested in getting a k31. When you get yours from Samco could you please post some pictures? I think one would compliment my numbers matching 1940 K98K very well.

Thanks, Jon
    Will do. Samco still has a message on their site saying that it's taking them 2 weeks to ship. Hopefully it will be quicker than that. Pretty sure mine won't look nearly as nice as RabbleRouser's though! I just wish I wouldn't have put off getting one for so long. Probably could have payed a lot less like others have said. And I really wish I'd gotten a K98 a few years ago. Their prices have really gone up.

Last edited:

RabbleRouser

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    Mishawaka
    So I am working on glass bedding and fixing the minor fitting issues one by one. I am currently working on the buttplate. I need to do a bit of reshaping on the stock at the butt end as well as re-drilling the screw holes ( the top screw is at the wrong angle and the buttplate is attached slightly too low) what would you gentlemen suggest I use to fill the screw holes in before I re-drill? also should the butt plate be blued or is it supposed to be "in the white"?

lmyer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    South Bend
    So I am working on glass bedding and fixing the minor fitting issues one by one. I am currently working on the buttplate. I need to do a bit of reshaping on the stock at the butt end as well as re-drilling the screw holes ( the top screw is at the wrong angle and the buttplate is attached slightly too low) what would you gentlemen suggest I use to fill the screw holes in before I re-drill? also should the butt plate be blued or is it supposed to be "in the white"?

You could dremel around the screw area in the stock out and fill with Acraglas or whatever bedding compound you are going to use. I would make sure the hole for the Acraglas is bigger in diameter the further it goes into the rifle so it can't pull out, and that the screw goes only into the Acraglass (not between it and the wood) - and then drill for the screw and install screw (don't fully tighten) at about 18-24 hours (before it is fully cured and might crack). If your repair doesn't work out to you satisfaction the first time, dremel out the Acraglas and try again. I like bedding compound!!

The butt plate on my K31 is blued.

Les

Mosin-Me-Nagant

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2012
    Thank you for restoring back to life such a fine rifle. I've been searching high and low for one lately with no luck. I see cracked stocks online quite a bit. How difficult is it to find a new stock for one of these puppies?

Top Bottom