Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Ruger PC 9mm Carbine

Marksman

User Info Menu

That thing was so cool. I'd rabbit holed them a while ago -- just as cool in the flesh as digital. Tha ks for bringing it out.

Quote Originally Posted by 2A_Tom View Post
    That was all sent in before I finally got a hold of a Marlin Camp 45.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SAILORGOLF46 View Post
    I picked mine up used and it had a flash hidder on it, don't know if it adds much to the function. I added a 42 mm Tasco red dot and it works great for shooting a steel plate racks at 50 yards. This PCC was a logical choice for me as I have a Ruger SR9 & a SR9C so mags are interchangable through all 3 guns. As noted above it is heavy, If you have shot a Ruger mini 14 it is about the same. Mine has never malfunctioned and it does well with nato loads. I am not a bulls eye shooter just want to hit torso size items if needed. Good luck and enjoy it, also Ruger CS is one of the best.
    I have a Glock 19 with seven mags, so that played a role in my decision also. I would have taken a used one if I could have saved a little money, but wasn't able to find any for sale. I missed them the last time they were in stock at RK Guns, so I thought I better order one this time. They were sold out in a few hours. I'm glad I didn't think too long about it this time. From what I've heard and seen so far I don't think I will regret the purchase. Just wondering, is your red dot mounted on the rail on the receiver? If so does it loose it's zero when you break down and reassemble the gun?

User Info Menu

I have a few of the first gen PC-9's that I enjoy getting out once in a while. One of the cool things is that the mags mine take are basically the same as the Beretta 92 series, so I modified all of my 92 mags, since I have so many, to fit the carbines also. That also allows my daughter to just grab a carbine, HER (really my) old Italian 92, and a bag of mags and ammo when she goes out back to the range.
    A federal republic is a federation of states with a republican form of government. A federation is the central government. The states in a federation also maintain all political sovereignty that they do not yield to the federation.

Marksman

User Info Menu

My red dot mounts on the rail at the back of the receiver. I have not broke it down since mounting, but don't think that should affect the zero. As long as I can hit the 8" steel plate on the rack and it falls I am happy.

JHB
    Marksman

User Info Menu

I run a patch through the barrel every time I shoot it. So far the barrel has been off about 20 times without having to re zero the red dot.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SAILORGOLF46 View Post
    My red dot mounts on the rail at the back of the receiver. I have not broke it down since mounting, but don't think that should affect the zero. As long as I can hit the 8" steel plate on the rack and it falls I am happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by JHB View Post
    I run a patch through the barrel every time I shoot it. So far the barrel has been off about 20 times without having to re zero the red dot.

That's good to know, I have read some people say it might be a problem because there may be some slight change in the position of the barrel when you remove and replace it.

JHB
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Keep the barrel adjustment ring snug per Rugers specks and you should be ok.

User Info Menu

Never had any issues when I was running a TRS25 and removing and reinstalling the barrel. Looking to stick a Romeo5 on top and rezero.
    “Son, when the Marine Corps wants you to have a wife, you will be issued one.” -Chesty Puller

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JHB View Post
    Keep the barrel adjustment ring snug per Rugers specks and you should be ok.
    Good to know. I have seen some mounts for placing the rds on the barrel section, but I would rather have it closer to my eye. You also have to remove the rear sight to mount them on the barrel. Thanks for the input.

User Info Menu

I've been looking at some case/bag options. Could one of you tell me what the size of the two pieces are when broken down.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast