• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    Thanks for all the input guys, but they just cancelled my order. It said "Hello, I regret to inform you that the item you ordered is out of stock. Our attempt to obtain them to complete your order has been unsuccessful. So, at this time we will need to cancel the order. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused." They were showing in stock for several hours after they accepted my order, but I guess their system could have been running behind. I wouldn't be surprised if they have a load come in tomorrow at their new $40 higher price.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Thanks for all the input guys, but they just cancelled my order. It said "Hello, I regret to inform you that the item you ordered is out of stock. Our attempt to obtain them to complete your order has been unsuccessful. So, at this time we will need to cancel the order. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused." They were showing in stock for several hours after they accepted my order, but I guess their system could have been running behind. I wouldn't be surprised if they have a load come in tomorrow at their new $40 higher price.

I think only $40 higher is optimistic. Cheapest one I could find online right now is $649, and the ones on Gunbroker are all north of $699. I'd check your local gun stores regularly. Also, if you have a Rural King nearby, check them. I just bought a Diamondback AR at Rural King for $549 about 2 weeks ago, and it sat there a week before I decided to buy it. The model I bought was showing out of stock on Rural King online, but each store has stuff that doesn't show in their online inventory.

For reference, Rural King's last listed price for the PC Carbine is $549, but they are out of stock online. Might have one in your local store, though.

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    I think only $40 higher is optimistic. Cheapest one I could find online right now is $649, and the ones on Gunbroker are all north of $699. I'd check your local gun stores regularly. Also, if you have a Rural King nearby, check them. I just bought a Diamondback AR at Rural King for $549 about 2 weeks ago, and it sat there a week before I decided to buy it. The model I bought was showing out of stock on Rural King online, but each store has stuff that doesn't show in their online inventory.

For reference, Rural King's last listed price for the PC Carbine is $549, but they are out of stock online. Might have one in your local store, though.

Thanks Route 45. I might be able to make it down to Rural King tomorrow morning. I might just get lucky like you did. I guess I'll start looking at some of the alternatives also, although they aren't too easy to find either. I picked a bad time to try to get a gun collection started. :dunno:

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Was finally able to find a PC Carbine locally last month in Muncie. Picked it up , looked it over and took it straight to the counter. Price was higher than they were earlier in the year ($499) before things went crazy. But at $549 I was not going to pass. I did pass on the box of 9mm for $30!

I went ahead and used a Nikon 1-4x with a point blank reticle - basically really thick crosshairs and and big center dot. Carbine shot really well with my reload using a Zero 125 conical and Power Pistol powder. Really enjoyed shooting the 9mm carbine.

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    Was finally able to find a PC Carbine locally last month in Muncie. Picked it up , looked it over and took it straight to the counter. Price was higher than they were earlier in the year ($499) before things went crazy. But at $549 I was not going to pass. I did pass on the box of 9mm for $30!

I went ahead and used a Nikon 1-4x with a point blank reticle - basically really thick crosshairs and and big center dot. Carbine shot really well with my reload using a Zero 125 conical and Power Pistol powder. Really enjoyed shooting the 9mm carbine.

Congrats on finding one. Glad you like it. I had trouble finding one after my order at RK Guns was cancelled. I ended up finding a Kel Tec Sub 2000 at Rural King for $399 last month and purchased it. I may try to pick up a Ruger PCC later if they are still legal to purchase next year. I already blew this year's budget on the Sub 2000, two 22LRs, ammo and accessories. I picked a bad time to start building my collection. LOL.

garydh1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    I picked a pc9 carbine up last week at Dunhams in Kokomo for $499. Thought it was a good price in todays world.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    I picked a pc9 carbine up last week at Dunhams in Kokomo for $499. Thought it was a good price in todays world.

Yes , that is what they were selling for in my area earlier in the year. I was out shooting mine yesterday , really enjoy shooting the Ruger carbine!

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    After searching this looks like the most recent PC Carbine thread. This is a report on mine.

I installed the TandemKross fiber optic front sight, a TandemKross extractor, and TandemKross bolt handles and the flat face TandemKross trigger. I am running it with Ruger SR9 magazines.

I shot over 400 rounds yesterday at a steel match with zero issues. Shooting Syntech ammo. Shot in the morning with a Holosun HE510C-GR then took the optic off and shot sights in the afternoon.

I have the basic model 19100.

I've shot 5 matches with this gun without issue. This gun is as easy to shoot as my Rimfire rifles.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I've added this to mine.
    It was sitting around doing nothing.
    At 50yd you can make 6" steel targets ring really fast.

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    After searching this looks like the most recent PC Carbine thread. This is a report on mine.

I installed the TandemKross fiber optic front sight, a TandemKross extractor, and TandemKross bolt handles and the flat face TandemKross trigger. I am running it with Ruger SR9 magazines.

I shot over 400 rounds yesterday at a steel match with zero issues. Shooting Syntech ammo. Shot in the morning with a Holosun HE510C-GR then took the optic off and shot sights in the afternoon.

I have the basic model 19100.

I've shot 5 matches with this gun without issue. This gun is as easy to shoot as my Rimfire rifles.
    I've been looking at that green circle dot reticle, fairly new to red dot type optics. Does it work ok with the open sights, co-witness?

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I've been looking at that green circle dot reticle, fairly new to red dot type optics. Does it work ok with the open sights, co-witness?
    No co-witness, the receiver mounted rail is too high for the stock sights. You may be able to replace the sights to get them to co-witness on that model. Probably easier to get a co- witness with the model with the m-lok forehead.

The dot I have has a quick disconnect. I just take it off to shoot the sights. I tried taking it off and putting it back on and the zero was still good. Of course steel challenge does not require precision.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    No co-witness, the receiver mounted rail is too high for the stock sights. You may be able to replace the sights to get them to co-witness on that model. Probably easier to get a co- witness with the model with the m-lok forehead.

The dot I have has a quick disconnect. I just take it off to shoot the sights. I tried taking it off and putting it back on and the zero was still good. Of course steel challenge does not require precision.
    What are the distances for your steel challenge?

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    What are the distances for your steel challenge?
    Maximum of 35 yards and all the targets that far are 18x24 inches. Smallest plates are 10 inch circles.

The winner of Saturday's match shot it in a total of 58.25 seconds. That's 155 targets hit in less than 1 minute. That was a .22 rifle with an optic. Steel Challenge is all about speed.

I shot 4 guns and my best time was 110.94 seconds. That was with the PC Carbine with the optic on it. That was 88th out of 200 guns at the match.

Here are the stages:

This match had all 8, some matches have less.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Maximum of 35 yards and all the targets that far are 18x24 inches. Smallest plates are 10 inch circles.

The winner of Saturday's match shot it in a total of 58.25 seconds. That's 155 targets hit in less than 1 minute. That was a .22 rifle with an optic. Steel Challenge is all about speed.

I shot 4 guns and my best time was 110.94 seconds. That was with the PC Carbine with the optic on it. That was 88th out of 200 guns at the match.

Here are the stages:

This match had all 8, some matches have less.
    Sounds like fun. I have my carbine shot in at 50yd it hits good from 10-50yds. According to ballistics I should be able to hit out to 75yds with only a 2" drop. After that it drops fast to around 7-8" at 100yds. Which still isn't to bad.

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL

Thanks, the quick release would be a good plan for me as I like the stock sights. Wow that's impressive shooting times for 155 targets. I can see why the optic is so important. The .22 sounds fun also.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Thanks, the quick release would be a good plan for me as I like the stock sights. Wow that's impressive shooting times for 155 targets. I can see why the optic is so important. The .22 sounds fun also.
    With the PC Carbine I was 7.5 seconds slower with the sights vs the dot. That 7.5 seconds put me in 115th vs 88th place with the red dot.

I bought my first .22lr rifle (Ruger 10/22) just for steel challenge because it looked like so much fun. It is, but the PC Carbine is right there with them, just costs more to shoot.

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    With the PC Carbine I was 7.5 seconds slower with the sights vs the dot. That 7.5 seconds put me in 115th vs 88th place with the red dot.

I bought my first .22lr rifle (Ruger 10/22) just for steel challenge because it looked like so much fun. It is, but the PC Carbine is right there with them, just costs more to shoot.
    Great. I'm interested and emailed a local USPSA in Terre Haute to see if they have carbine. I do need handgun practice but like long guns, shot sporting clays a few years ago. I would really learn a lot from the steel plate veterans.

10/22 is on my list, had a couple in the past I should have kept as I'm really enjoying .22 the last couple years. Have a couple S&W 15-22 and one came with primary arms red dot. First red dot so I'd like to learn and use them more. It appears to be a great time to get into those with the exclusion of too many choices.

Top Bottom