• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    I picked mine up used and it had a flash hidder on it, don't know if it adds much to the function. I added a 42 mm Tasco red dot and it works great for shooting a steel plate racks at 50 yards. This PCC was a logical choice for me as I have a Ruger SR9 & a SR9C so mags are interchangable through all 3 guns. As noted above it is heavy, If you have shot a Ruger mini 14 it is about the same. Mine has never malfunctioned and it does well with nato loads. I am not a bulls eye shooter just want to hit torso size items if needed. Good luck and enjoy it, also Ruger CS is one of the best.

I have a Glock 19 with seven mags, so that played a role in my decision also. I would have taken a used one if I could have saved a little money, but wasn't able to find any for sale. I missed them the last time they were in stock at RK Guns, so I thought I better order one this time. They were sold out in a few hours. I'm glad I didn't think too long about it this time. From what I've heard and seen so far I don't think I will regret the purchase. Just wondering, is your red dot mounted on the rail on the receiver? If so does it loose it's zero when you break down and reassemble the gun?

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    I have a few of the first gen PC-9's that I enjoy getting out once in a while. One of the cool things is that the mags mine take are basically the same as the Beretta 92 series, so I modified all of my 92 mags, since I have so many, to fit the carbines also. That also allows my daughter to just grab a carbine, HER (really my) old Italian 92, and a bag of mags and ammo when she goes out back to the range.

SAILORGOLF46

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    My red dot mounts on the rail at the back of the receiver. I have not broke it down since mounting, but don't think that should affect the zero. As long as I can hit the 8" steel plate on the rack and it falls I am happy.

JHB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2016
    Columbus
    I run a patch through the barrel every time I shoot it. So far the barrel has been off about 20 times without having to re zero the red dot.

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    My red dot mounts on the rail at the back of the receiver. I have not broke it down since mounting, but don't think that should affect the zero. As long as I can hit the 8" steel plate on the rack and it falls I am happy.

I run a patch through the barrel every time I shoot it. So far the barrel has been off about 20 times without having to re zero the red dot.

That's good to know, I have read some people say it might be a problem because there may be some slight change in the position of the barrel when you remove and replace it.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Never had any issues when I was running a TRS25 and removing and reinstalling the barrel. Looking to stick a Romeo5 on top and rezero.

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    Keep the barrel adjustment ring snug per Rugers specks and you should be ok.

Good to know. I have seen some mounts for placing the rds on the barrel section, but I would rather have it closer to my eye. You also have to remove the rear sight to mount them on the barrel. Thanks for the input.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I won one a year ago and haven’t shot it yet, I’m contemplating changing the stock out to the tandemkross upriser, adding a volquartsen trigger group, I hear you can get a factory second on eBay for about 150, I wish I would have bought the carbon fiber hand guard while they still made them (they make them out of g10 now) and making it my steel challenge iron sight gun

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Still waiting on a fixed barrel model. After my experience with wandering zero on the 10/22TD I have no faith in Ruger's takedown mechanism or its ability to retain zero or resist deflection when shooting supported. It's an inescapable fact of engineering that removeable barrels require nonzero clearance between the barrel and receiver, and nonzero clearance equals movement. Ruger attempts to get around this by mounting their sights on the barrel and hoping that most customers will not shoot enough with reciever-mounted optics or shoot to a high enough accuracy standard to notice the problem.

Barrels and receivers are meant to be a unified piece. I don't need to sneak any of my rifles into a school, so I don't see a reason to induce failure and inaccuracy just so a rifle can be crammed in a backpack.

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    I won one a year ago and haven’t shot it yet, I’m contemplating changing the stock out to the tandemkross upriser, adding a volquartsen trigger group, I hear you can get a factory second on eBay for about 150, I wish I would have bought the carbon fiber hand guard while they still made them (they make them out of g10 now) and making it my steel challenge iron sight gun

Winning one sounds great. I could get myself to spend more on upgrades if the gun was free.:rockwoot:

Still waiting on a fixed barrel model. After my experience with wandering zero on the 10/22TD I have no faith in Ruger's takedown mechanism or its ability to retain zero or resist deflection when shooting supported. It's an inescapable fact of engineering that removeable barrels require nonzero clearance between the barrel and receiver, and nonzero clearance equals movement. Ruger attempts to get around this by mounting their sights on the barrel and hoping that most customers will not shoot enough with reciever-mounted optics or shoot to a high enough accuracy standard to notice the problem.

Barrels and receivers are meant to be a unified piece. I don't need to sneak any of my rifles into a school, so I don't see a reason to induce failure and inaccuracy just so a rifle can be crammed in a backpack.

I've heard others say the same things. Unfortunately, I'm not that good of a shooter and probably won't be able to tell if the zero is off.

Last edited:

woowoo2

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Jeffersonville

God for you!

Mine is more accurate than I am.
    Just keep the take down parts tight and it has not been a problem.

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    I bought my Ruger PCC 9mm from Brownells in 2018. Delivered to my lgs for $427.36. I thought that was pretty good deal at the time.

I can't say for 2018, but that would be a great deal for now. I ordered mine from RK Guns for $499.99 and they went up to $539.99 two days later. The other places I've seen them listed have been from $549-$599, but none of those were in stock.

Top Bottom