• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    The rule is we cannot take action until we are in serious danger of life or limb.

If the police ask for our help we will give it. If the governor activates the sedentary militia we will respond.

Until then we are bound by IC and the rules of engagement it outlines.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    We could go out and surround a favorite statue under the law currently, right?
    The rule is we cannot take action until we are in serious danger of life or limb.

If the police ask for our help we will give it. If the governor activates the sedentary militia we will respond.

Until then we are bound by IC and the rules of engagement it outlines.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Which may be the problem, as the left isn't playing by any rules.

What do you expect conservatives to do? These leftists ****tards are generally single, no families to worry about, no/little gainful employment, don't care if they get arrested (it's a badge of honor to them) and think they are revolutionary heroes. Am I supposed to risk my career and my family's well-being to go defend a statue, when the people who are supposed to be enforcing the law are letting the criminals have free reign?

Trust me, if we actually get into a hot dance, and the unorganized militia is called out, I will be more than happy to bag my daily tag limit of commies. Until then, you are free to run outside with your rifle every day. But if there's no one else out there, it ain't time yet.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Which may be the problem, as the left isn't playing by any rules.

Sure they are. But their rules do not include following the law.
    Rules_for_Radicals.png

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    In an objective reality, no. History can lie and narratives pushed by a dishonest media class can lie, but there is an objective reality that people can perceive if all the relevant information is known and their bias is neutral.

You could say that like beauty, virtue is in the eye of the beholder. But most people not smitten with blinding fondness can tell the objective difference between a truly beautiful woman and an ugly one. I suspect something very similar is true of heroes and a terrorists. To figure out if our heroes are truly terrorists, if we care to know the difference, is trying to figure out if we're smitten with blinding fondness. And that's nearly impossible with humans. It almost never happens.

For example with Bubba Wallace, it's objectively true that there was no hate crime and that the thing they were sure was a "straight up noose" was just a non-slip loop on the end of a rope to use as a garage door pull. There were two sides observing this story, both smitten with a blinding fondness of their own world view. There's one side who have a blinding fondness of believing that the US is deeply, inherently, racist (just white people though. They're the only people capable of racism). There's the other side who have a blinding fondness for skepticism that people are racist. And what I mean by that, given only these facts, that a rope with what looked like a noose on the end of it was found in Bubba Wallace's garage stall, one side will react in belief, the other will react in non-belief, and many will react with, let's wait until we have all the facts before we decide.

Yet the perception, though shifted towards reality, to some, their blinding fondness for a belief in a deeply racist America, is still prevalent that there's still something inherently racist about a garage pull that's shaped so much like a noose. Possibly if this group had a high membership in scouting, especially if they've earned a knot badge, they'd recognize that no noose is good noose*.

* "no noose is good noose was stolen from Ben Shapiro. Okay. That was a long workup to get to the punchline, so sue me.

Last edited:

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Just because someone despises rioters and arsonists, it is inappropriate to label them racists. I saw a hashtag today that I would probably have objected to 3 months ago.

#Burn Loot Mayhem

The result is, I don't trust this group. I won't listen to them. Civil discouse isn't possible in the middle of an ongoing riot and property seige.

That has nothing to do with respect for all of the other folks of any color who aren't particpating or encouraging this attack on society.

It is no longer about reform of police practices and the specific despicable execution of George Floyd.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I have not said this until now because...

Has anyone else noticed the license plate on Chauvin's vehicle? Does anything there seem amiss.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    In an objective reality, no. History can lie and narratives pushed by a dishonest media class can lie, but there is an objective reality that people can perceive if all the relevant information is known and their bias is neutral.

You could say that like beauty, virtue is in the eye of the beholder. But most people not smitten with blinding fondness can tell the objective difference between a truly beautiful woman and an ugly one. I suspect something very similar is true of heroes and a terrorists. To figure out if our heroes are truly terrorists, if we care to know the difference, is trying to figure out if we're smitten with blinding fondness. And that's nearly impossible with humans. It almost never happens.

For example with Bubba Wallace, it's objectively true that there was no hate crime and that the thing they were sure was a "straight up noose" was just a non-slip loop on the end of a rope to use as a garage door pull. There were two sides observing this story, both smitten with a blinding fondness of their own world view. There's one side who have a blinding fondness of believing that the US is deeply, inherently, racist (just white people though. They're the only people capable of racism). There's the other side who have a blinding fondness for skepticism that people are racist. And what I mean by that, given only these facts, that a rope with what looked like a noose on the end of it was found in Bubba Wallace's garage stall, one side will react in belief, the other will react in non-belief, and many will react with, let's wait until we have all the facts before we decide.

Yet the perception, though shifted towards reality, to some, their blinding fondness for a belief in a deeply racist America, is still prevalent that there's still something inherently racist about a garage pull that's shaped so much like a noose. Possibly if this group had a high membership in scouting, especially if they've earned a knot badge, they'd recognize that no noose is good noose*.

* "no noose is good noose was stolen from Ben Shapiro. Okay. That was a long workup to get to the punchline, so sue me.

The two movie reality is my preferred explaination of the phenomenon

https://www.scottadamssays.com/2017/02/12/good-example-of-our-two-movie-reality/

... since Trump’s election that the world has split into two realities – or as I prefer to say, two movies on one screen – and most of us don’t realize it. We’re all looking at the same events and interpreting them wildly differently. That’s how cognitive dissonance and confirmation bias work. They work together to create a spontaneous hallucination that gets reinforced over time. That hallucination becomes your reality until something changes.

This phenomenon has nothing to do with natural intelligence. We like to think that the people on the other side of the political debate are dumb, under-informed, or just plain evil. That’s not the case. We’re actually experiencing different realities. I mean that literally.

I know, I know. When you read something like that, you probably shake your head and think I’m either being new-agey or speaking metaphorically. I am being neither. This is well-understood cognitive science.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Just because someone despises rioters and arsonists, it is inappropriate to label them racists. I saw a hashtag today that I would probably have objected to 3 months ago.

#Burn Loot Mayhem

The result is, I don't trust this group. I won't listen to them. Civil discouse isn't possible in the middle of an ongoing riot and property seige.

That has nothing to do with respect for all of the other folks of any color who aren't particpating or encouraging this attack on society.

It is no longer about reform of police practices and the specific despicable execution of George Floyd.

Unfortunately - for many , it never was...

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    As we progress through this mess I'm wondering about the levels of basic everyday crime that citizens experience. The thefts, burglaries, drug dealing, etc. that don't make the headlines. Are these going up or is anybody even keeping track? Is bludgeoning the PD 24/7 on the news having an effect?

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Top Bottom