• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • El-Cigarro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    This is provably, statistically untrue. Just because you'd wish it to be true does not make it true. If I were an investigator and there was a report of several white supremacists, or tax protestors "hanging out" at the marathon that would arouse my suspicion. If in 1944, a group of recent German immigrants were "hanging out" in front of the tank factory, that would arouse my suspicions. Sometimes inferences about motive can be inferred from nationality or religion or race enough to warrant investigation. Doesn't imply guilt, but is sufficient to raise questions. Blind, politically correct stupidity is dangerous.
    ^^ THIS ^^ :yesway: Well put!:cool:

Flintlock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    Southeastern Indiana
    I'm afraid that's simply not accurate. Nor have I cited ALL Muslims, but devout terrorists dedicated to the nation of Islam.

Not accurate? Please, I'd like to see your evidence.

We do NOT see anyone from the nation of Islam speaking loudly and vehemently AGAINST the actions of the terrorists. Not ONE Imam or Sheik has publically condemned ANY of the terrorist actions. None.

Look harder. 10 seconds with Google and you'll find plenty.

U.S. Muslim Scholars Issue Edict Against Terrorism : NPR

But let's be honest here, you want to believe they don't condemn terrorism because it fits with your narrow minded view of the world.

Even 'moderates' from the nation of Islam do NOT actually condemn the actions of the terrorists. Anyone who believes so has simply not been listening to the wording and rhetoric. Stating "Muslims are peaceful" is NOT the same as condemning terrorist action. NOR do we see Muslims turning in these terrorists, or informing Western authorities.

Again, look harder.

In this case, read and study the Koran and Hadith. Though, there are books out there that explain as well. Up to the reader to decide if it's factual or allegation.

You still haven't answered my original question: have YOU read the Qur'an or Hadith?

Why you MIGHT want to ask is, WHY do we NOT hear moderate Muslims, or Imams or Sheiks harshly condemning these actions? WHY do we not see Muslims informing on these attacks and planned attacks, or turning the terrorists over to the authorities?

Example: Would a 'moderate' Muslim woman in her hijab attack you at Starbucks? No.

If she saw a Muslim terrorist walk in and set down an inconspicuous bomb in that Starbucks, would she shout a warning out before she quickly left so non-Muslims would not be killed? No.

I don't even know what to say to this. You're more ignorant than I thought. Yes, yes she certainly would. Just because someone conforms to a different view of the world or religion than you doesn't mean they have different values. Muslims who come to this country, or who are born here, love the USA as much as you and I. They pay taxes, vote, create jobs, work hard. With people like you around, though, no wonder many of them want to keep a low profile.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    Double standards are your thing. Got it.

I was born here and I do not get interest free loans to start a business, or food stamps. Trust me no double standards...I feel our government has set aside the interest of Americans when they give a work visa to a foreigner, when so many people who have degrees are out of work.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I was born here and I do not get interest free loans to start a business, or food stamps. Trust me no double standards...I feel our government has set aside the interest of Americans when they give a work visa to a foreigner, when so many people who have degrees are out of work.

My Moroccan Muslim friend is a skilled tradesman making $22 an hour and is continuing his education. I don't think he needs your help.

Thinking he owes the world an apology loft the actions of a few while you don't is a huge double standard.

ETA. You wouldn't happen to be catholic would you?

Last edited:

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County

I think that you don't have a clue how our visa system works. Part of my job is to help faculty members of my university get visas to pursue their doctoral degrees in the US. It is INCREDIBLY hard to get a visa to the United States. We aren't just handing them out like candy. Those who legally immigrate to this country work very hard to do so.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I think that you don't have a clue how our visa system works. Part of my job is to help faculty members of my university get visas to pursue their doctoral degrees in the US. It is INCREDIBLY hard to get a visa to the United States. We aren't just handing them out like candy. Those who legally immigrate to this country work very hard to do so.

Hiring Americans to work the Moroccan, Mexican, Japanese, Canadian, French, German, Italian, and Norwegian pavilions at the Epcot world showcase helps to give them that distinct cultural feel.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

Unless your the member of a Saudi family with power or royal ties. Then we roll out the red carpet and even cover up your terroristic ties.
    Thailand; another country we should stop issuing visas to.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I'll try to make this as clear as possible.

I don't give two ****s who you do or do not worship.

I Don't Care.

I call it the "printcrafts leave me the hell alone" doctrine.

Example of letting bygones be bygones:

"Hey printcraft........ you should worship my god!"

"No thanks."

"Ok well have a good day." :yesway:

Example of who needs kicked off the planet:

"Hey printcraft........ you should worship my god!"

"No thanks."

"I'LL KILL YOU!" :xmad:

Pretty clear right?
    Leave me alone, I leave you alone.
    Try to kill me because I don't believe the way you do? Problem.
    Threaten to kill me because I don't believe the way you do? Problem.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    My Moroccan Muslim friend is a skilled tradesman making $22 an hour and is continuing his education. I don't think he needs your help.

Thinking he owes the world an apology loft the actions of a few while you don't is a huge double standard.

ETA. You wouldn't happen to be catholic would you?

Lots of skilled tradesmen that are US citizens who are out of work. Lots of Americans who would like to continue their education...but because they were born in the US they do not get the grants foreigners on work visas get.
    What difference does my religion make, other than you trying to use it against me...I am a christian, and that is all you need to know. I guess if you are not paying taxes...22 bucks an hour is good money.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon

If you have the money they are easy to get. Don't look to hard to me. These numbers are several years old, I would guess the numbers are much higher now. So you choose to live in another country and help people come to America on student visas, good for you...do you also make sure they go back home when they are done.

By the numbers: Illegal immigration and expired visas
    – Almost half of undocumented immigrants in the U.S. stayed after their visas expired, according to a 2006 estimate by the Pew Hispanic Center.

– About 6 million people come into the U.S. each year on non-immigrant visas, according to the U.S. Department of State.

– Since 2007, an estimated 300,000 individuals per year have stayed after their visas expired, according to Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

– From 2006 to 2009, federal officials developed a priority list of about 46,000 people believed to be in the U.S. after their visas expired, according to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. Of those, 1,800 were apprehended.

Many illegal immigrants entered on work, student, tourist visas and stayed – Cronkite News

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    Hiring Americans to work the Moroccan, Mexican, Japanese, Canadian, French, German, Italian, and Norwegian pavilions at the Epcot world showcase helps to give them that distinct cultural feel.

Seems to me they would hire actors...not skilled tradesmen. I am sure there are plenty people in Florida already that are from or who had lineage back to those countries.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Lots of skilled tradesmen that are US citizens who are out of work. Lots of Americans who would like to continue their education...but because they were born in the US they do not get the grants foreigners on work visas get.
    What difference does my religion make, other than you trying to use it against me...I am a christian, and that is all you need to know. I guess if you are not paying taxes...22 bucks an hour is good money.

He came here to work as a waiter in the Moroccan pavillion at Epcot center. He has since expanded his skills to become an industrial maintenance man and a good one at that. You know, the American dream. Start at the bottom and work your way up.

We currently can't get enough maintenance people to work so he didn't put anyone out of work.

If a billion Muslims owe the world an apology for the actions of a few in their ranks, do all Catholics owe the world an apology for the child rapists among them? I seem to recall the church as an organization covering up the child molestation, not rooting the offenders out and apologizing. Why the double standard?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    BTW, my friend has been in the states for 20 years. Must be one hell of a sleeper agent. Next time I see him praying, I'll check him for a chest rig and a dead man switch.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas

Care to expound upon this? If not, then I guess you just needed to giggle.

OK, maybe I am just not reading what you wrote in the way you intended it.
    stephen87 said:
    This thread is about a Saudi national who was spotted at the Boston Marathon. I'm not quick to judge a person based on what someone else, who may or may not have resembled them, did. If I were, I would constantly be on edge. If you're curious as to why I would constantly be on edge, I'll refresh your memory. In 1995, Timothy McVeigh bombed a federal building in OKC. In 1999, Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold shot up a school in Colorado. In 2001, Al-Qaeda operatives flew three planes into buildings in NYC and DC, while another crashed in PA. In 2012, James Holmes and Adam Lanza shot up a movie theatre and a school, respectively. There have been other shootings and bombings that are not as well known, or that I cannot think of, but that doesn't matter. My point is, I refuse to believe that one race of people is more dangerous than another. It is the mentality of people that is dangerous, not the color of their skin.

From your post the last 2 sentences...made me believe you were saying all these terror attacks are the same.

:yesway:

HmDBrian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    valparaiso

Nicely said, and hornadylnl, if y8ur in the trades, you know how minority is above a us citizen. I have been turned down so many jobs because im a white guy. Trades are suppose to hire so many minorities for every white guy, and they say this is to stay away from possible discrimination, but discrimination dont count if its against the american, its bs.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Nicely said, and hornadylnl, if y8ur in the trades, you know how minority is above a us citizen. I have been turned down so many jobs because im a white guy. Trades are suppose to hire so many minorities for every white guy, and they say this is to stay away from possible discrimination, but discrimination dont count if its against the american, its bs.

That's strange because out of the 50 or so guys in my department, every single one of them is a white male except for the Moroccan. Last I knew, we were still looking for more and can't get anyone to apply. It's not a Cush union shop so maybe all of those poor downtrodden white male skilled trades guy don't want to work here.

Top Bottom