• ...and so much more!
  • Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    But, Selfpreservation already told us signs don't have the force of law in Indiana (or is it Marion County?) and he is not a lawyer. So we should believe him, right? Because you are a lawyer and know nothing of the law... But then the law doesn't mater because the prosecutor is god? But isn't the prosecutor a lawyer?

I'm confused. HELP!

None of that matters. Watch the spinning wheel.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville

Didn't seem to say much.

I'm not surprised. It seems to me that many of the businesses did not want to get sucked into the debate.

Maybe some of them just want to quietly serve their customers and make profit, without being drawn into the social debate?

ETA: Or, maybe some of them are smart enough to know not to respond off the cuff when a possibly agenda-driven media representative calls?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Didn't seem to say much.

Actually it said quite a bit, paraphrased:

we we called a bunch of restaurants and hotels to stir up s**t and no one wanted to play our game.

The restaurants and hotels by their silence said they did not want to be drug into this debate so don't tell the anti's we want NRA attendees money...

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Sounds like this comes down to “knowingly” entering after reading and comprehending these signs.

Just don’t read signs. And if you’re asked to leave.....leave.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Sounds like this comes down to “knowingly” entering after reading and comprehending these signs.

Just don’t read signs. And if you’re asked to leave.....leave.

Selfpreservation, is that you?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    But, Selfpreservation already told us signs don't have the force of law in Indiana (or is it Marion County?) and he is not a lawyer. So we should believe him, right? Because you are a lawyer and know nothing of the law... But then the law doesn't mater because the prosecutor is god? But isn't the prosecutor a lawyer?

I'm confused. HELP!

As a doctor I prescribe 3 days of looking at guns at NRAAM.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Substitute NRA for the Deltas and guns for women... Why do Moms hate America?

As a doctor I prescribe 3 days of looking at guns at NRAAM.

Otter: Point of parliamentary procedure!
    Hoover: Don't screw around, they're serious this time!
    Otter: Take it easy, I'm pre-law.
    Boon: I thought you were pre-med.
    Otter: What's the difference?
    Otter: Ladies and gentlemen, I'll be brief. The issue here is not whether we broke a few rules, or took a few liberties with our female party guests - we did. [winks at Dean Wormer]But you can't hold a whole fraternity responsible for the behavior of a few, sick twisted individuals. For if you do, then shouldn't we blame the whole fraternity system? And if the whole fraternity system is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of our educational institutions in general? I put it to you, Greg - isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do whatever you want to us, but I for one am not going to stand here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America. Gentlemen!

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    If this signage thing is enforceable, would it not also be possible to "Deny Entry" to blacks, women, redheads, longhairs, Muslims, Hispanics, fat guys, dopeheads, and whom ever else you don't like? This signage sure seems like discrimination to a select group of law abiding citizens without cause. Of course I realize that we are not a protected class, but discrimination is discrimination.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    If this signage thing is enforceable, would it not also be possible to "Deny Entry" to blacks, women, redheads, longhairs, Muslims, Hispanics, fat guys, dopeheads, and whom ever else you don't like? This signage sure seems like discrimination to a select group of law abiding citizens without cause. Of course I realize that we are not a protected class, but discrimination is discrimination.

You answered your own question.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

You need a Heart of Atlanta 2.0 but for gun owners.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

Except for 42 U.S.C. 2000a(a).

It's kinda like saying that people are allowed to go 200mph on the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, so on principle, people should be able to go that fast on 16th Street...which they can, except there's a law that you can't.

...and they could lawfully exclude redheads, longhairs, fat guys, dopeheads....because there's not a law.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I listened to the gun guy yesterday. He said, I think Bloomberg, picked this group up. They started as a Facebook group million mom something, but they were over 900,000 moms short so they had to change their name.
    Now they have backing. Let your dollars speak about how you like to be arrested on the spot because someone hung a sign. I'd like to see a thread of businesses that are supporting it.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Of all the Restaurants that I called, only two said they had been approached by Demanding Mommies and they both said no.

None of the ones that are listed as NO GO gave an indication that they were doing it for purely anti gun purposed.

Capitol grill said they did not want open carry because they did not want their regular customers disturbed.

Nada and Yard house said it is because they serve liquor.

Several including Weber Grill and Mikado were over the top in support of us.

Every call to a restaurant that is in a hotel went to the front desk and Every hotel said they welcome us.

Top Bottom