Dec 24, 2020
    North Central

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Any thoughts on how the trigger might be/is?
    I'd say similar to the TH45. If you can find one, and can test out the ergonomics, and trigger let us know.

I haven't even seen a TH45 locally. So I'm not interested until I hear more about this.
    Right now S&W 10mm is at the top of my list.

If the TH10 has good ergonomics, and a decent trigger I might be willing to try it.
    However, I'll wait for Guntube reviews and others before I buy one.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I'd say similar to the TH45. If you can find one, and can test out the ergonomics, and trigger let us know.

I haven't even seen a TH45 locally. So I'm not interested until I hear more about this.
    Right now S&W 10mm is at the top of my list.

If the TH10 has good ergonomics, and a decent trigger I might be willing to try it.
    However, I'll wait for Guntube reviews and others before I buy one.
    When i get it I can do a side by side review.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    oooh that does check a lot of boxes. Hopefully the safety operates the right way (up safe, down fire). I have a S&W but I do so like SA/DA hammer guns.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

$415
    FS

$420
    FS

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central

That's a nice concise and thorough video. It raised a couple of concerns for me, though. That safety design is kinda jank, IMO. I'm not sure how it is operating internally, but I don't like how it appears to partially block the slide travel (allows for some travel but then binds up), and allows some DA trigger and hammer travel before blocking both. It just seems like a weird design and concerns me that it's not very robust, or well thought out.

I'm not a big fan of manual safeties period, but if I have one I want it to be positive. A 1911 safety locks everything up tight...there's no "partial movement" going on there with the slide, trigger, or hammer. A Beretta safety completely disengages the trigger so there's no sear or hammer engagement at all. The TH10 safety looks like almost an afterthought, doesn't appear positive at all, and doesn't give me warm fuzzies about its design.

I also hate the ambi mag release. Nothing like sticking a button where a firm grip will make you prone to inadvertently depressing it and dropping your mag when you least want to (or since it faces outward in the holster, having something push it without your knowledge when you're just walking around). It makes it worse when he says it's stiff on the left (correct) side and easier to actuate by pressing it with your trigger finger on the right side. Companies need to stop with all this ambidextrous garbage. I don't hate lefties, but some controls should be designed to be reversible, not on both sides at once.

I still want to get my hands on one of these in person and play with it. Maybe it feels better in real life. But that video has me pretty concerned.

ETA: I hadn't watched the second video yet when I typed my post, but I now see Chuke agrees with me!

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    On the other hand, it's a $400 gun, so provided it's otherwise reliable, some of those concerns could maybe be addressed with a cutoff wheel and a file/sandpaper without making me feel too bad about it.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    That's a nice concise and thorough video. It raised a couple of concerns for me, though. That safety design is kinda jank, IMO. I'm not sure how it is operating internally, but I don't like how it appears to partially block the slide travel (allows for some travel but then binds up), and allows some DA trigger and hammer travel before blocking both. It just seems like a weird design and concerns me that it's not very robust, or well thought out.

I'm not a big fan of manual safeties period, but if I have one I want it to be positive. A 1911 safety locks everything up tight...there's no "partial movement" going on there with the slide, trigger, or hammer. A Beretta safety completely disengages the trigger so there's no sear or hammer engagement at all. The TH10 safety looks like almost an afterthought, doesn't appear positive at all, and doesn't give me warm fuzzies about its design.

I also hate the ambi mag release. Nothing like sticking a button where a firm grip will make you prone to inadvertently depressing it and dropping your mag when you least want to (or since it faces outward in the holster, having something push it without your knowledge when you're just walking around). It makes it worse when he says it's stiff on the left (correct) side and easier to actuate by pressing it with your trigger finger on the right side. Companies need to stop with all this ambidextrous garbage. I don't hate lefties, but some controls should be designed to be reversible, not on both sides at once.

I still want to get my hands on one of these in person and play with it. Maybe it feels better in real life. But that video has me pretty concerned.

ETA: I hadn't watched the second video yet when I typed my post, but I now see Chuke agrees with me!
    The Beretta 92 that has a decocker, but this safety works as both decocker push down, and up for traditional safety.
    The TH9, TH40, and TH45 all have them.
    So I would think if you could find one of those you could check it out and see how it feels in hand.

Top Bottom