$599

1689061110376.png

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    S&W is a bit late to the party with this and the 5.7 but better to be late and correct than the Walther WMP. If this is internal hammer fired like the 5.7 it should have a great trigger and they nailed the capacity and light weight. It looks like S&W will be making another deduction from my bank account in the near future.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    S&W is a bit late to the party with this and the 5.7 but better to be late and correct than the Walther WMP. If this is internal hammer fired like the 5.7 it should have a great trigger and they nailed the capacity and light weight. It looks like S&W will be making another deduction from my bank account in the near future.
    This also has a 30rd magazine instead of a 16-20. I think they are taking aim at the PMR 30.

Now will PMR 30's become more available and the prices drop?

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    This also has a 30rd magazine instead of a 16-20. I think they are taking aim at the PMR 30.

Now will PMR 30's become more available and the prices drop?
    I'm not sure why Walther ever thought twice the weight and half the capacity was the way to go. The WMPs only saving grace was the dislike some have for Kel-tec. Now, I don't see the WMP lasting long with this introduction.

That seems to be the usual response.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Hopefully you don't have to load the magazines just right to get it to function properly.
    It was a hoot to shoot till the jams and that was with loading them properly. Even upgraded everything I could to try and help functionality. Finally pieced it out and sold it

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Hopefully you don't have to load the magazines just right to get it to function properly.
    Any time you're stacking that many rimmed cartridges on top of each other you're going to have to take some care in loading. That said, it isn't really that big of a deal and pretty simple to avoid rim locking the top cartridge on the following one. My PMR-30 has been flawless through about 300 rounds and I haven't even used a mag loader on it yet.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    I’ve never had a problem with a pmr. I have only had second gen ones though. Honest outlaws review didn’t seem to shine a good light on reliability but it definitely was a star when looking at accuracy from distance.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Funny, I thought with all the hyper velocity .22 LRs, the .22 WMR would go the way of the Dodo, but what do I know, I never thought the CD would replace the LP………What exactly does the .22 WMR do better? Longer range?

JBLee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indy North Side
    I have the Walther and consider it to be one of my favorite pistols. It’s reliable, extremely accurate, and ergonomically perfect for my hand shape. I will certainly give the new S&W a lustfull going over and there’s a really good chance I’ll buy one, but mostly because I’m having so much fun with the Walther. Those of you here giving the Walther a black eye, do you own one? Also higher capacity magazines are available for the WMP if that’s your beef. I have had two PMR’s and even though they are a lot of fun, the WMP kicked mine to the curb.

Last edited:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Louder too! It’s got a great report & shoots an occasional fireball from a pistol barrel now and then that makes it fun. Very pleasant recoil that feels just right, like you’re shooting something with some get-up-and-go but not paying for it.
    Yes, I'd agree.
    It's at least 1 louder :lmfao:

Top Bottom